1/48 Hobby Boss F-111F Aardvark **FINISHED**

Muzz

Cracking job muzz, love the camo job,i never seem to manage that look after the gloss and matt coats ,spot on yours,ive had my head down in mine all week haven't had time to catch up properly, I'm going to  switch over to the su 9 this week for a change of scenery

Cheers

Glynn

• Like 1

Cracking job muzz, love the camo job,i never seem to manage that look after the gloss and matt coats ,spot on yours,ive had my head down in mine all week haven't had time to catch up properly, I'm going to  switch over to the su 9 this week for a change of scenery

Cheers

Glynn

Just come across this and wow, that is seriously impressive! Stunning piece of work so far.

Eng

• Like 1

Thanks for all the kind comments folks, been a bit busy at work since last week but hopefully another update later today.

Murray

Here's what I've been working on, AG stores and afterburners.

20170602_004533.jpg

I've also removed the masking tape from the canopy, this was a bitter sweet moment, the paint edge around the canopy is perfect just a little bit of tidying up required, however, some small specs of debris inside the cockpit again, not sure what if anything I can do.

20170602_004615.jpg

• Like 2

I had a similar problem with static, I guess, in "...Somewhere in England". I rubbed the bottom of the fuselage with a polyester sports shirt and tapped the canopy to dislodge the debris. It fell off (and presumably went and stuck to where I was rubbing). Might work for you.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 3

Love the paint on the ordinance muzz, very nice and the view of the cockpit there very impressive,,  decaling mine tonight, hope it goes as well as yours,

Glynn

• Like 1

Cheers guys, I'll give that a try Adrian and see how it goes.

Afterburners (including scratch built FOD covers) and duck tail fitted. After burners painted with Mr Metal Color Burnt Iron and Steel. Weathered with Alclads Hot Metal Colours.

20170602_193119.jpg

20170602_193128.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All finished folks and pics in the gallery at the top of the F-111 Group Build thread, thanks for all your help and comments.

af08a660-5363-444a-a5fa-65144ec5cc78.jpg

• Like 11

Awesome job Muzz well done!!! :thumbsup:

The finish of the paint work is fantastic, you turn out a nicely finished model from what we all know is a real dog of a model!

I'm glad you joined us, it was great to follow your build and hope you had fun.