Looking for photo of Su-17M4R "Blue 07", 886th at Bagram

LanceB

I am looking for a photo of Su-17M4R "Blue 07" of the 886th Independent Reconnaissance Regiment. at Bagram during the Afghan war.

There are a couple of color profiles floating around online, but they differ in key areas.  I have found a black-and-white pic of 04 from this

same unit, and at Bagram, but does anyone know of a photo of 07?  I assume something exists, based on the fact profiles exist of it, and

done by different people, so several folks must have found inspiration somewhere...

Thanks in advance.

Hi again Lance,

Do you have Famous Russian Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-7/Su-17 by Yefim Gordon and Dmitriy Komissarov? If you haven't you should. It is THE source of data for this family. It isn't cheap but if you are a fan of the type then it is a must! It has a photo of 07 Blue when at Bagram. You can get it from the global auction site.

Good luck!

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for that, I am just trying to help a modeler here in Japan out as he wants to be accurate but

as I said the color profiles vary as to the size, shape and location of the bort number, mission markings

and camo demarcation line on the nose.

I don't suppose there is any way you could scan that image and email me?  PM me if you can help.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/03/2017 at 7:15 AM, LanceB said:

I am looking for a photo of Su-17M4R "Blue 07" of the 886th Independent Reconnaissance Regiment. at Bagram during the Afghan war.

There are a couple of color profiles floating around online, but they differ in key areas.  I have found a black-and-white pic of 04 from this

same unit, and at Bagram, but does anyone know of a photo of 07?  I assume something exists, based on the fact profiles exist of it, and

done by different people, so several folks must have found inspiration somewhere...

Thanks in advance.

But it is only right side ... :Dhttps://topwar.ru/21865-istrebiteli-bombardirovschiki-su-17-afganistane.html  If you know Russian, I suggest you to look for the yandex.ru