Matchbox Siskin

Just finished the Matchbox Siskin.  I am impressed by the excellent engineering these kits had.

IMG_4470_zpsjk34aufu.jpg

IMG_4464_zpsmb40kmyu.jpg

IMG_4472_zpsunyvzmwt.jpg

Fun build, landing gear was a bit of a terror, but still fun.

Greg in OK 

• Like 38

Fully agree, I did a Siskin with some rigging, detailling the engine and replacing some parts with finer scratch built part. A gem of a kit! It's a bit of a shame that revell still haven't released it yet under their own brand.

Alex

Love the build! Thanks for sharing! 

This just sums up why I love Matchbox kits. I think this was the first biplane build I ever tackled, and thanks to their superb engineering, I actually made a half decent job of it (well this 12 year old thought so at the time!) I also wouldn't have known what a Siskin was, so thanks to Matchbox (and I suspect more likely thanks to Maurice Landi), for fueling my interest in the wonderful world of inter-war RAF aircraft.

I feel all warm and fuzzy now!

Best regards;
Steve

Edited by fightersweep

To all, thank you for the kind comments,

And to Richard in NZ, I have only rigged a Revell Fokker E-III and the Revell P-26, both monoplanes and the nearly cost me my sanity.  I am trying the Heller Gladiator for my first biplane rigging adventure.

To Darby, I would imagine you were thinking that that would be fun, and I bet it was.

And to Alex, if Revell ended up with these molds they should make so up for all of us.  It is a wonderful kit!

Thanks again everyone!

Greg in Oklahoma.

• Like 2