M60A3 Patton Tank

Taking a stab at the AFV Club offering. Concurrently also working on the A1 version. Great kits, the PE stowage basket is a pig to work with and still needs to be anchored down. Both will likely be painted in MERDC and will depict vehicles from 1/252 AR.

IMG_1230_zpsuquvspkc.jpg

IMG_1229_zpsaz25kx2q.jpg

• Like 5

Beautiful castings on this kit. The turret and hull look fabulous. The M60A1 is on my list to do a 2/72 Armor from 2nd I.D. Korea 1978. My partner and I were forced off a roadway in our M.P. Jeep during Team Spirit by one.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Blue_Centurion said:

Beautiful castings on this kit. The turret and hull look fabulous. The M60A1 is on my list to do a 2/72 Armor from 2nd I.D. Korea 1978. My partner and I were forced off a roadway in our M.P. Jeep during Team Spirit by one.

M60' usually win the right of way battle :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Nice MERDC camo pattern, how did you do it?,

The weapon that is in the auxiliary turret, is not a .50, is it some type of minigun ?, I never saw a tank with one ...:popcorn:
Cheers mate :popcorn:

It's a blank firing adapter for the M2 or M85 .50cal . You can see some in pictures from Reforger exercises.

Great job so far ! I love the MERDC it came out fantastic .

I'm currently building the A2 and judging by yours it seems my A2 is of a much poorer quality in moulding than these other marks by AFV Club .

keep up the great work .

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:22 PM, sonofjim said:

Great job so far ! I love the MERDC it came out fantastic .

I'm currently building the A2 and judging by yours it seems my A2 is of a much poorer quality in moulding than these other marks by AFV Club .

keep up the great work .

I have the A2 as well. I haven't given it that close a look. I think all of the lower hull and running gear are identical parts. Hope it goes together as easily as the A3 and A1.