What to do with failed builds?

Vinnie

Well, I thought I was getting better and the Lanc, 109 and Spit would be just memories and test beds for airbrushing/ new glues. Thought I'd learnt my lessons and enjoyed builds with a BF110 and a BP Defiant, but after priming a JU87 I noticed the nose wasn't straight. Lost all interest in it now. Moving on with an Airfix Typhoon. 'Note to self' More care required!

No matter how long you have being modelling  sometimes it just goes wrong 

Either the kit ,you  or both factors you just make a hash of it 

Walk away 

Chill 

Break it up for spares , test dummy, what ever 

I've used mine for allsorts  only one is on the shelf  when I ruined a Tamiya Kubelwagen 

Its now the cargo on the back of a 2.5 truck as a wrecked vehicle 

D:penguin:

• Like 1

hi ALL ,

well...... with a model stuff up you can put it in a Wardrobe or Garage the wheely bin.

but a Home Restoration, a Car ,Caravan or Boat your tired of or stuffed up !

You can't "hide it " from the Family .

mumbas !

Geoff

F.T.G. 3156

• Like 1

The odd one of mine has become a test bed. If I want to see how a new paint reacts with my prefered gloss or matt etc, I use it to see what will happen. Better than trying it out first time on that uber kit and having the paint crack up.

hi All   ( hi B.G.)

well, I can honestly say I have keep every Plastic Model I ever  built !

Must be that they were a bit expensive in the 50's / 60's  and the baggin' I copped from

my Parents for "wastin' " money on a such silly pursuit.... that interfered with *  " My Studies "

Well they are long gone now ....and I am still building Models !  nuk ! nuk ! nuk !

cheery " modellin' " mumbas !

Geoff

F.T.G. 3156

*  " My Studies "  in Primary School !  g.g.m.s. !

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 1:54 PM, Panzer Vor!!! said:

Take them out side stuff them with  Bangers :wicked: or blast them to bits with a air rifle  :whistle:

Is my understanding of British slang wrong?  I thought "bangers" were a type of sausage but I don't think that's what he means here.

This has been a fun thread.

Edited by Niles

6 minutes ago, Panzer Vor!!! said:

No not sausage  its a  firework that explodes witha loud bang   hence BANGERS 

Yes same thing. Cook your sausages on high heat with out pronging them with a fork.

Makes a spectacular banger in more ways than one.

Delivers the food straight to the eating source plus the rest of the dining area.

Such fun :offtopic:tut.

Name with held. Laurie

Why not use it for practice?  By this I mean trying out different techniques on canopy/turret painting or filling gaps and sanding.  The late great Ted Taylor always spare wings or fuselages to practice airbrushing on.