Nick Millman's New Zero Book

John

Mine's ordered, got to encourage people to put more information on Japanese subjects out there, and Nick is the man to do it.

Cheers

Dennis

13 minutes ago, Dana Bell said:

Looking forward to this one - there are so few definitive English-language books on Japanese colors, and this one should end all sorts of confusion!

Cheers,

Dana

I agree! Long overdue. Soooo, when is your three-volume treatise on U.S.  Olive Drab coming out? Just kidding!

Mike

Last time I corresponded with Nick he alluded to something in the form of a new book but nothing specific, glad it is about the good old Zero. I have relied on the old Ballentine publication written by the venerable Martin Cadin (great series of books, but their picture with text match ups are questionable, they can't tell a Wildcat from a Hellcat, or a B5N from a B6N) for a lot of information. If you do not have his Osprey books on the Nate and Tojo you are missing out, so order those too.

Cheers

I want! I look forward to getting my hands on this one as well! Back in Dec.-Jan., I had asked Nick for some color recommendations. He was most generous in his time and knowledge; he also mentioned that a new book on the subject was to be released in early 2017. This is obviously it. Now to see who has here in the US.

• 1 month later...
On 2017-5-24 at 06:12, Antoine said:

I'd get my copy straight from Guideline.

here

http://www.guidelinepublications.co.uk/index.php?GOTO=345&PICFILE=345&STKNR=345&STRH=&ORDN=&RNZ=383352

£16.00, 

Shipping cost 
UK: 1.22 
Europe: 5.50 
US/Canada: 8.50 
Rest of the world: 8.90 

Superb reference source.

Lacking only identities (unless I've missed them) of the four profiles on the front cover and the 4 view drawing on the back cover.

2 hours ago, Denford said:

Superb reference source.

Lacking only identities (unless I've missed them) of the four profiles on the front cover and the 4 view drawing on the back cover.

Thanks all for the positive comments. I haven't seen the actual printed book yet as I'm still awaiting complimentary copies from the publisher (!) but from the proof the front and rear cover profiles are repeats of the profiles inside the book, as with other titles in the Combat Colours series. The profiles inside are captioned as to their identities. 

Nick