***finsihed*** Esci f-111

PhantomBigStu

Had hope to pick up a Hasegawa, but as prices for them seem to go north of 30 pound mark when the do appear on eBay I'll have to settle with this I picked up. Shame as I would like to do a later variant. I have 4 hobbymaster diecast aardvarks which include an early on in SEA camo f111esci.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

I've got the Hasegawa kit, however have always been interested to see how the older Esci kit comes together. I believe that Italeri have plans to read-release this kit some time this year so may consider getting this should it build nice and quickly. 

Cheers & good luck..  Dave

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Stu, and there's nothing wrong with an early Vark in SEA, I actually think they look much better in that scheme then some of the later ones.

I've actually not heard of the Esci version, I assume it's a remould of someone else's???

Good luck with the build, and you can always do a second RAAF one....even if it's in that grey scheme! :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Welcome aboard Stu, and there's nothing wrong with an early Vark in SEA, I actually think they look much better in that scheme then some of the later ones.

I've actually not heard of the Esci version, I assume it's a remould of someone else's???

Good luck with the build, and you can always do a second RAAF one....even if it's in that grey scheme! :D

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/146275-italeri-1232-f-111-aardvark

• 1 month later...

Been taking this so slow I didn't actually touch it for weeks, underside now painted just correcting the upper paintwork, also trying to find a way of getting superglue onto the internal wing sweep, not possible to have them movable as the paint messes up at the join 6861C6BC-8E37-4FDF-A093-AD968EFFED62_zps

• Like 1

Looking good Stu,

How are you finding this kit? Although I've got a Hasegawa 'C' in the stash, for some reason I've always wanted to do a Combat Lancer 'A' and may consider this when Italeri re-release this old Esci kit some time later in the year. By the way - don't throw away the kit's wheels - your regular wheel/decal trader my need them in good time!

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

@Rabbit Leader  it's is indeed my policy to keep the wheels :)

They are a tradable commodity to some modellers - hey Stu!!

Cheers and love the look of this kit so far... Dave.  

• 2 weeks later...

Decals on aside from a little one saying 'carla', as theres no indication where it goes. Also having problems over the weapons, had to chuck the two pods and the bombs a couple have glue warps. Not sure I have anything suitable spare. 

5F2E729B-0E8A-4CC9-BC96-9D3B31FA5ADB_zps

Well done Stu!! She certainly makes everything else look small beside her.

Glad you could join us, hope you had fun and don't forget to post her in the gallery!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Well done Stu!! She certainly makes everything else look small beside her.

Glad you could join us, hope you had fun and don't forget to post her in the gallery!

Just out of shot changes the size perspective, looming over the black stand behind the spit is my corgi diecast Vulcan.....now that makes the 111 look small in span :)