Hasegawa 1:24 Willys Jeep MB

Just finished this 1:24 Willys Jeep which will go into a diorama along with the Matador/Coles Crane and a Hawker Typhoon use by the Royal Canadian Air Force 440 Squadron at air strip B9/Lantheuil, Normandy, Aug 1944.

Scratch built quite a bit, you can see this in my WIP Armour section.

OcbEE0.jpg

c6NJjN.jpg

P4juf9.jpg

PLIgCS.jpg

gsHPmX.jpg

qPqHwu.jpg

8qMB5e.jpg

Oa6d2i.jpg

hrhbzU.jpg

7J9iaV.jpg

Last couple of pictures with the Accumulator which also will be part of the diorama

3aC3e3.jpg

aHRrVR.jpg

Regards

Richard

Edited by Ripaman
Lost pictures due to Photobucket
  • Like 39

Well it was a great WIP thread that has resulted in this stunning model. As was mentioned several times during your WIP thread - your model looks like it could be the real thing!! Wonderful model building, detailing, painting and weathering! Very well done. :worthy: :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bhouse said:

Fantastic - one of those rare models for which the closer the photograph, the better it looks.

Thank very much it has been a fun build and I also think adding the extra scratch work brought out the model.

3 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

No superlatives left to hand out Richard, a magnificent build that deserves every compliment that will be handed to you for this masterpiece.

Nice one :thumbsup2:

I thank you very much for all your superlatives though out by WIP Julian :like:, I do like to had my 2 cents to a build 

1 hour ago, FrancisGL said:

As say Julian, a little masterpiece, when place in dio, looks better sure....:goodjob:

Cheers mate

Same to you Francis thanks for all the likes and kind words, learning how to weather from looking at your models 

37 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Setting the standard of 1/24 building.

A beautiful miniature that's been a pleasure to watch in the making. :clap2:

Looking forward to watching the Typhoon develop

Kev

That is very nice of you to say Kev, I think 1:24 scale is a great scale to scratch build, and let's your imagination run wild :like: now where was I with the Tiffy :wonder:

1 minute ago, PlaStix said:

Well it was a great WIP thread that has resulted in this stunning model. As was mentioned several times during your WIP thread - your model looks like it could be the real thing!! Wonderful model building, detailing, painting and weathering! Very well done. :worthy: :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you Stix that is awfully nice of you to say :like: do love to add my brass scratch build to a build, I love to figure out how I am going to build it.

Thanks all for the kind compliments

Regards

Richard

• Like 1

On 3/26/2017 at 3:16 PM, Gerrardandrews said:

Great looking jeep, just looking right.

Surprising that 1/12 Tamiya kit has not been tooled up😊

Thanks very much Gerrard tried to get it to look right

On 3/26/2017 at 3:23 PM, Arachnid said:

Lovely

There's nothing like a Willys jeep eh thanks for looking in

On 3/26/2017 at 3:34 PM, Billydick said:

Wow that is nice ! :goodjob:  Looking forward to seeing the progress with the rest of the diorama :)

BillyD

Thanks appreciate your comment, will start a WIP on the Typhoon this is around 50% complete so Matador is approx 75% so hope to have the diorama done end of year the rate I build :think: see you live on the Isle of Man, went and watch the TT back in 1979 had a brilliant time there, great to go into the pub then take a nice pint outside and watch the races :drink: did ride my bike around the course on the Sunday that was fun.

17 hours ago, sinhow said:

Bigger scale = real

I love it! :yes:

Bigger scale = good for eyesight :lol: thanks for looking in 

14 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

The WIP was absorbing, and now the finished article is exhibition standard. Brilliant.

John.

Hi John, thanks very much WIP was fun to do really appreciate all likes and comments, but the good thing I finish a project.

Just a few shots without the canopy and at that time did not have the hood clamps made.

IMG_7165_zpszrfkyckq.jpg[/URL]

IMG_7167_zpsrefr4ujh.jpg[/URL]

IMG_7169_zpsgmistdet.jpg[/URL]

IMG_7160_zpsxly1kyoq.jpg[/URL]

Regards

Richard

• Like 2

Honey I shrunk the Jeep!!!!

Pretty awesome Richard, I love those hose clamps on the cooling  system, must have been a bugger to make those.

The seats look like real back breakers, must have been a rough ride with a 6 foot wheelbase and wagon suspension.

Looking forward to the Typhoon as I still have a passion for fast, loud flying stuff, just got side-tracked on AFV's for the last while.

Take care,

Lloyd

• Like 1

Hi Lloyd thanks for your kind comment, those hose clamps where a bugger but I did not make them got them from the Hiroboy.

Regards

Richard

I watched this WIP fully develop.  Beautiful work Richard.  Will look great with the Hawker.  Thanks for the extra effort with the photos.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2018 at 10:17 PM, RichO said:

I watched this WIP fully develop.  Beautiful work Richard.  Will look great with the Hawker.  Thanks for the extra effort with the photos.

Hi Rich started to put all my photos into Image Shack so will need to add all pictures to my Hurricane, Typhoon, Matador with Coles Crane and try and put all WIP of the Jeep but that will take quite some time

On 3/4/2018 at 10:05 AM, Carius said:

Excellent build and finish. Great engine detailling, I love it.

Cheers

Thanks Carius was a fun model to build

17 hours ago, southpier said:

the hose clamps brought a tear to my eye!

They brought a tear to my eyes as I was installing them used cable clamps from  www.crazymodeler.net and then added a hex nut .4mm to each one

rMAJk2.jpg

h7wAf9.jpg

10 hours ago, Hairtrigger said:

Really outstanding ... The straps on the hood and engine bay brilliant...  😃

Thanks alot made the hood clamps out of  brass, machined part way and then filed

IexLrp.jpg

qPysx3.jpg

ZhexnH.jpg

Regards

Richard

• Like 1