Hasegawa 1:24 Willys Jeep MB

This brings back memories of all those times i pushed a trolleyacc across a dispersal.  Sometimes warm and sunny, most times lashing down and blowing a hooley.

• Like 1

Army serials and Army-style markings on an RCAF vehicle?? 

IIRC, RCAF generally followed RAF vehicle marking practice.  Their vehicle serials began "RCAF" and were usually on the bumper on Jeeps.  Roundels on the windscreen right side and RAF-style tac markings on the left were also used (usually beginning "TAF" on air force ground vehicles in NWE).  

Of course this many not have been universal and the camera never lies if there are photos to the contrary.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2018 at 2:29 AM, southpier said:

padding on the hood blocks .... s i g h ... I quit ....

Small details I think make the difference :hmmm:

On 3/10/2018 at 11:12 AM, Hewy said:

Love under the bonnet the best, great jeep

Thanks very much Hewy 

zuBYqg.jpg

On 3/17/2018 at 9:26 AM, Natter said:

This brings back memories of all those times i pushed a trolleyacc across a dispersal.  Sometimes warm and sunny, most times lashing down and blowing a hooley.

Those must have been fond memories Natter :thumbsup:

On 3/17/2018 at 1:22 PM, Das Abteilung said:

Army serials and Army-style markings on an RCAF vehicle?? 

IIRC, RCAF generally followed RAF vehicle marking practice.  Their vehicle serials began "RCAF" and were usually on the bumper on Jeeps.  Roundels on the windscreen right side and RAF-style tac markings on the left were also used (usually beginning "TAF" on air force ground vehicles in NWE).  

Of course this many not have been universal and the camera never lies if there are photos to the contrary.

Hi Das did use the decals from the box didn't even think of that, (learn't something today :speak_cool:) I will just say they stole it from the army :shrug:

On 3/18/2018 at 3:51 PM, Buzby061 said:

Superb. The detail on the engine is phenomenal. 

Pete

Thanks a lot Pete had a load of fun building it and adding my 2 cents

Regards

Richard

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ripaman said:

Hi Das did use the decals from the box didn't even think of that, (learn't something today :speak_cool:) I will just say they stole it from the army :shrug:

Sounds entirely plausible.  Crabs will steal anything ....................!  AFAIK RCAF didn't have a dedicated ground defence arm analogous to the RAF Regiment, so I imagine that Canadian army would have provided airfield defence

• Like 1

• 2 years later...