A humble fishing trawler

I finished this beast off last night and finally took some photos. It's Revell's North Sea  Fishing Trawler on a scratchbuilt base. She's built pretty well straight out of the box and painted up with Vallejo and Model Master acrylics. I added some N-scale figures to the deck to make it a little more lifelike (a first for me), a new made of cheesecloth and some cotton smoke.

I'll admit it right away - I was very influenced by Beefy66's Fishy Rust Bucket build of last year, even though I'd bought the kit before his work was posted. His work on the cabin windows and the salt-job to simulate chipped paint inspired me to try it myself, and I'm happy with the work.

PART_1490406756945.jpeg[/URL]

PART_1490406877608.jpeg

PART_1490406816809.jpeg

PART_1490406792375.jpeg

PART_1490406807396.jpeg

PART_1490406783066.jpeg

Edited by Canadian Pirate
  • Like 16

Like like like! 

Very nice mate. Excellent weathering and well done on the funnel smoke.

:clap: 

Are these pre-painted figgies or did you paint them?

Edited by Murdo
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Murdo said:

Like like like! 

Very nice mate. Excellent weathering and well done on the funnel smoke.

:clap: 

Are these pre-painted figgies or did you paint them?

the figgies are pre-painted - I went to the local railroad store and picked out the N-scale figures that looked the most like a trawler crew (take a look and you'll see one that's clearly a train engineer. I need to go back and modify him). 

On 26/03/2017 at 5:18 PM, Canadian Pirate said:

the figgies are pre-painted - I went to the local railroad store and picked out the N-scale figures that looked the most like a trawler crew (take a look and you'll see one that's clearly a train engineer. I need to go back and modify him). 

I wouldn't bother mate, in that scale you wouldn't notice. They look fine to me.

Painting figgies in N Scale isn't easy. 

• Like 1

I remember seeing these Ross boats lined up, and visiting on board during the annual Grimsby Fish Docks open days, and more recently visited the one at the Maritime Museum. Good looking model there, I remember they were all pretty rusty looking like that.

Edited by Rob 1
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...