Morning all from a middle aged newbie

Zebra1922

Hello everyone

im returning to the hobby after a gap of many, many years since I was a kid.  In my youth a used to put together a few plastic kits, glue everywhere, no paint but with decals applied, and quite enjoyed myself.  30 years on I was looking for something to relax with and came back to modelling.  

I've completed just a 1/72 spitfire that I must have owned for 20 years and multiple house moves (that spitfire has seen more lofts than the Loft Ladder man).  It's not the greatest piece of modelling any of you will have ever seen, and it only looks reasonable on one side due to a slight issue with a large decal, but as it's the first time I've properly painted a model I was quite pleased overall.  My main issue is time, the spit took about 6 months from start to finish, and I've just started a Kinetic 1/48 SHAR and a month in I'm still on the cockpit tub!

Hope to catch up with some of you around the site.

Paul

• Like 4

:welcome: to the clan Paul - some of us never seem to finish anything, so you're not doing too bad.  What's important is that you're having fun whilst doing it ;)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mike said:

:welcome: to the clan Paul - some of us never seem to finish anything, so you're not doing too bad.  What's important is that you're having fun whilst doing it ;)

Where and when on earth did this fun bit come in Michael :giggle:  Must have missed out  :sleepy:

Welcome middle aged Paul from an ancient Anglo Saxon.

Laurie