Hawker Hunter FGA.9 - Revell 1/72

Fly72

Hi everybody

This is my last work. The Hawker Hunter 1/72 from Revell.

It's a very pleasant kit that I recommend to the fans of this jet to do.

I just change the cockpit with Eduard Photoetched, Quick Boost seat, Master pitot, and some improvements.

img_1735.jpg

img_1724.jpg

img_1723.jpg

img_1727.jpg

img_1729.jpg

img_1731.jpg

img_1730.jpg

img_1732.jpg

img_1733.jpg

I hope you like it and thank you for your remarks ! :smile:

Hughes

Edited by Fly72
  • Like 31

4 hours ago, shatters said:

Great job, how did you paint the fuel tanks ? I can never get the demarcation between upper and lower colours right.

Phil

I Phil

After to paint the fuel tank with Aluminium Alclac, I protect the lower surface with adhesive tape and paint with Dark Sea Gray H75 Gunze

The only little difficulty is to apply the tape in good place on the lower part of the nose because the separation line between the two colors

is ligthly lower than the median line of the tank. I hope you undestand that I explain.

Hughes

20 minutes ago, Fly72 said:

I Phil

After to paint the fuel tank with Aluminium Alclac, I protect the lower surface with adhesive tape and paint with Dark Sea Gray H75 Gunze

The only little difficulty is to apply the tape in good place on the lower part of the nose because the separation line between the two colors

is ligthly lower than the median line of the tank. I hope you undestand that I explain.

Hughes

Thanks, I've always painted the upper colour first. Will try your way on my next harrier or hunter.

Phil

Hughes,

You nailed it! Beautiful build of a beautiful jet! Yours is the best 1/72 FGA9  I have seen so far- I hope mine will turn out half as good as yours...soooo, when will we see an F6?

Mike

On 26/03/2017 at 3:45 AM, 72modeler said:

Hughes,

You nailed it! Beautiful build of a beautiful jet! Yours is the best 1/72 FGA9  I have seen so far- I hope mine will turn out half as good as yours...soooo, when will we see an F6?

Mike

Thank you Mike and everybody for your congratulations. I'm very glad about them.

For Mike, I don't know when I'll do another Hunter. Actually i'm working a T-45 Goshawk and, may be in the same time, a Hawk T-Mk.1.

Hughes

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 0:31 PM, Fly72 said:

Thank you Mike and everybody for your congratulations. I'm very glad about them.

For Mike, I don't know when I'll do another Hunter. Actually i'm working a T-45 Goshawk and, may be in the same time, a Hawk T-Mk.1.

Hughes

Whoa, you sure know how to have fun! From what I have read, there are a lot of corrections needed to make the Italeri kit into a T-45! Good luck!

Mike

On 28/03/2017 at 11:07 PM, 72modeler said:

Whoa, you sure know how to have fun! From what I have read, there are a lot of corrections needed to make the Italeri kit into a T-45! Good luck!

Mike

The base kit is Italeri but altered by Wolfpack to do a real T-45C. I'll add some details like to change airbreaks, Eduard photoetched kockpit, resin seats, etc.

Hugues

6 hours ago, Fly72 said:

Hugues

Hugues,

If the Wolfpack T-45C kit you are referring to is WP17205, it is just a reboxing of  the Italeri kit with a small etched set added; I have the italeri and the Wolfpack kits, and they are identical, down to the bagged contents labeled "product of Italy!" Wolfpack was not very forthcoming in their ads on the release, as it inferred the inaccuracies in the Italeri kit (And they were numerous from what I have read.) had been corrected, but the moldings have not been revised in any fashion. I was hot to do a T-45C when the kit was released, as my brother-in-law maintained them, but I was very disappointed when I bought the Wolfpack kit and saw the contents. There was a very comprehensive build article that I read a few years back that included photos of the actual airplane as well as step-by-step photos of the corrections need to make an accurate T-45C from the Italeri kit. When my HD crashed recently, I lost some of my modeling files and that article was among them. I will try to find it again and post it in the Modern Aircraft section. From the articles I have seen on the kit, you can get close to a T-45C, but it does have some fairly significant problems; I seem to recall tail cone, speed brake, wheel well/wheel door issues (I think the belly and wheel bay area needs to be bulged significantly to enclose the larger tires fitted.)wheel track, and the wings/wingroots. Maybe somebody who is much better informed on the aircraft and the kit, like Tailhook Tommy, might be able to be more specific than I on the kit. (You sure know how to pick 'em, as we say here in Texas!)

Mike

Hi Mike

I agree about the origin of the kit but I inted to correct and scratch that it will be. I will show you when it will be finished.

Thank you fot your comments.

Hugues