Hasegawa 1/200 Boeing 777-200 Thai Airways

Another airliner off my production line is the very nice Hasegawa Boeing 777.

As with all of Hasegawa's LL200 Airliners, they are easy to build and very acurate in shape.

I really like those kits and I have quite a number of different types in my stash.

Sadly that Hasegawa seem to reduce their range every year,now only a small number of types are still in their catalogue.

This kit I bought around 20 years ago...how the time flies:surprised:...and it sat in my stash ever since.End of last year I finally decided to get it started and now here we are.

Built straight from the box,no  changes made.

The decals were still in very good condition,which is a surprise as one never knows with Hasegawa kits.This is in fact the only fault,at least with airliner kits of them,that the decal sets vary greatly in quality.Some are pristine after many years while others seem to become unusable only after a short time already.

In this case everything was fine and they went on beautifully and matched the model perfect.

All paints are Revell and Testors enamels applied with my airbrush.

The old Thai livery is one of my favourite ones and it really suits the 777.

20170324_180535_zpsmytdnlte.jpg

20170324_180524_zpsnm7fl0zi.jpg

20170324_180517_zpskdjfs76t.jpg

20170324_180503_zpsrpnkzcyh.jpg

One of my cats lurking in the background...

20170324_180454_zpso5ed1f7v.jpg

20170324_180444_zpsmteocuxd.jpg

20170324_180438_zpsfll4yn4i.jpg

• Like 9

Lovely job Alex.  With advancing years and declining eyesight I find 1/200 a bit small even for a 777 but I agree that the Hasegawa kits are beautiful.  :goodjob:

Your ginger cat is almost identical to the cat I grew up with!    

51 minutes ago, Meatbox8 said:

Aaaagh! Kitten Kong! 

Another great build.  How do you get your gloss white finishes so smooth?

Thank you.

For the white I used Revell 04 gloss white aplied with an airbrush.It takes up to 4 thin coates to give an even look.After each coat i spray a light coat of Revell Color Mix on the still wet paint.That way the paint dries smooth and evenly.After all paint has been aplied and dried for about 1 day i polish it up with Tamyia polishing compounds using "fine" ,the blue cap and "finish" ,the white cap.Finally a light coat of Testors Metallic Sealer,this gives the surface a smooth shiny look just like the real thing.

Sounds like a lot of work but its worth the effort.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Alex1978 said:

Thank you.

For the white I used Revell 04 gloss white aplied with an airbrush.It takes up to 4 thin coates to give an even look.After each coat i spray a light coat of Revell Color Mix on the still wet paint.That way the paint dries smooth and evenly.After all paint has been aplied and dried for about 1 day i polish it up with Tamyia polishing compounds using "fine" ,the blue cap and "finish" ,the white cap.Finally a light coat of Testors Metallic Sealer,this gives the surface a smooth shiny look just like the real thing.

Sounds like a lot of work but its worth the effort.

Definitely worth the effort. The finish is superb.  I have some V-bombers in the stash that could use a similar treatment, albeit with a satin final coat.

9 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

Definitely worth the effort. The finish is superb.  I have some V-bombers in the stash that could use a similar treatment, albeit with a satin final coat.

Of course this method also works on satin paint.Just leave the Tamyia compunds out as they will make it probably too shiny.I did this also on the 777s wings.

Edited by Alex1978
  • Like 1