Revell 1/139 Convair 990 Coronado Swissair 1964 vintage kit

3 hours ago, Paul J said:

Its reg was N880JT as it was a CV-880 ex Cathay Pacific. This is reflected in the colour scheme but replacing the green and white of Cathay with dark blue and yellow.

That 880 operated by  Florida Air Travel, leased from Indy Air late 70s, JAL was the original owner. Great photo !

20 minutes ago, JWM said:

At bottom of this photo you have DH Comet 4 (c?) and the same stand behind CV 880 on previous. Another rarity....

I was trying to scan negative of my photo of 990 from LHR (I am surprise how fast I found it! -despite that it is from 1972) but my home scaner produces even worse quality... 

BTW - now it I change my mind - this "mine" looks rather like the Swiss one, with red top of fin and something white there...Don't you think so?

J-W

I'm amazed that Swissair kept them until 1974/75, not very economic, American A/L,  got extra cash to run them from Convair / General Dynamics because their Fuel consumption figures during the sales negotiations were wrong.

• Like 2

Another lovely model, I'm having trouble keep up with your posts but don't stop now. You might have to wait for a reply from Michael he's taking a look at RAF Conningsby this week.

• Like 1

Thats a beauty Alex, she really suits being modelled in flight to show off those elegant lines. I really like the way you have painted most of it and just used the logos, it works really well. Some great photos being added by others too.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Viking said:

Thats a beauty Alex, she really suits being modelled in flight to show off those elegant lines. I really like the way you have painted most of it and just used the logos, it works really well. Some great photos being added by others too.

Cheers

John

Thank you very much John.

1 hour ago, lindan said:

Another lovely model, I'm having trouble keep up with your posts but don't stop now. You might have to wait for a reply from Michael he's taking a look at RAF Conningsby this week.

Thank you very much.

For the moment these 4 posts are it as I am now working on new projects which will need some time to finish.

Amongst them are the new MD-11 from MikroMir/Eastern Express and a Welsh Boeing 747SP

On Saturday, March 25, 2017 at 22:20, bzn20 said:

I'm amazed that Swissair kept them until 1974/75, not very economic, American A/L,  got extra cash to run them from Convair / General Dynamics because their Fuel consumption figures during the sales negotiations were wrong.

Well,they flew roughly 10 years for Swissair.The last airline to operate this type was Spantax from Spain and the last Coronado phased out in 1987 from service with this carrier...they looked pretty worn as well

• Like 1

Simply stunning Alex.

Your model looks like it's going somewhere....and fast ! Very impressive.

Build (fantastic) - :thumbsup2:

Paint job (immaculate) - :thumbsup2:

Choice of scheme (it's Swiss and it has a cheatline) - :thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Thanks for posting.

mike

• Like 1

Hi Alex,

Excellent model and superb photography.

Enjoyed every bit.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

• Like 1