This ones got zimmermit, Tamiya's Panther D

So so here she is, I've built using the separate track links and also the grill set. Everything else is OOB, the reason for the straw on the front is due to the tank being used in a Band of Brothers esk diorama. So here she is.

dd74d9db9b1f61cfa9e2a5935afcbf4f_zpsjqmy

685e3a977dfa13019d51bd96c7a739f1_zpsmqei

51dc2585a4a05b8b3c2556eb87a69f62_zpsee7r

570a3298668adca3f3eda9a69632dfec_zpscvyc

6c472db79bc4ed6db51ed0d34fe98978_zpsoc12

6769122d2e92b3d6eafce5489b5f52fe_zps2cx1

cb5db929b9f84ce9e6f8ac56689c1d07_zpsq47h

2cfa4a699848a08746ab4233bb0cf1f9_zpsdlhx

723b0854518e720958a1977261a7654a_zpsx4zz

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Mattlow said:

Very nicely done, zim came out really well... 2nd excellent Panther D in a couple of days...

Matt

Thanks Matt,

ive always wanted to do a D, and after watching Stix start his last year I was sold on the Tamiya kit.

Lookin' good Ozzy.

As always with ad-hoc camo, it's a shame it hides the underlying details. But then the straw is spot on, and very evocative, so even if I didn't know you were using the B.o.B scene for inspiration, I'd have guessed it!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gerrardandrews said:

Great looking panther , 😊

Thanks Gerrardandrews,

in all the years I've been modelling it's the first Panther I've built, it's been a really enjoyable project.

9 hours ago, Badder said:

Lookin' good Ozzy.

As always with ad-hoc camo, it's a shame it hides the underlying details. But then the straw is spot on, and very evocative, so even if I didn't know you were using the B.o.B scene for inspiration, I'd have guessed it!

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder,

when I did the initial coat of dark yellow, she did look rather good at that point. I gave the straw a coat of desert yellow, looking at the pictures I need somthing a little lighter I think.

Hi Ozzy. Great to see the RFI photos of your fantastic Panther in all it's Zimmeritted glory! It turned out beautifully - and yes, as a result of being inspired by yours, I'm now going to have to make an Ausf.D Panther soon - the D version does look rather good in Zimmerit. Great work! Well done. :goodjob: 

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

A very effective camo, although clear, does not let you see all the work underneath ... very cool.

Cheers Ozzy :D

Thanks Francis,

with the zimmermit the pain was dabbed on rather than a smooth brush stroke.

6 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. Great to see the RFI photos of your fantastic Panther in all it's Zimmeritted glory! It turned out beautifully - and yes, as a result of being inspired by yours, I'm now going to have to make an Ausf.D Panther soon - the D version does look rather good in Zimmerit. Great work! Well done. :goodjob: 

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks stix,

looks like we have both inspired each other along the way, I shall look forward to you build of the dragon kit as I nearly brought one a few years back but ended up with a panzer IV instead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Nice one Ozzy, turned out really fine. Looks good disguised as a haystack too ;)

Thanks Gremlin,

hopefully she will blend nicely next to a proper haystack.

Very nice, although I would suggest for realism not obstructing the viewing ports for driver and machine gun operator and the sights for the main gun...

• Like 1

On 27 March 2017 at 15:08, Hepster said:

Very nice, although I would suggest for realism not obstructing the viewing ports for driver and machine gun operator and the sights for the main gun...

Thanks Hepster,

yeah fair one, I will give them a little trim.

I watched the Band of Brothers episode the other night that features this unit and yours looks pretty darned authentic.  Those Shermans sure got a surprise when this baby came around the corner.

Keep up the good work, there's lots more armor to build in that B of B episode, by the way............

Take care,

Lloyd

On 30 March 2017 at 10:44, Bullbasket said:

Nice job on the Panther Ozzy, but I have to say that I prefer the last photos without the straw.

John. 

Thanks John,

if she wasn't part of a bigger project, the straw wouldn't have been added to the front.

• Like 1