This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

Help For Heroes Needs Your Help

10 hours ago, Mike said:

That's a great little boost to the cause Malcolm.  Chris @stringbag and I have just been rummaging through my stash a bit more and come up with enough including some he's brought to send you another box, providing you're still in the market for kits? :)

Hi Mike. We're still in the market for everything. We're sending kits to not only Help for Heroes but Combat Stress, Stoll Veterans, Scottys Little Soldiers, Veterans In Action, Mind and Felix Fund. So not only kits but funding, supplies, tools, paints. 

Fantastic Malcolm, I will have to pop into smiths and have a read.  :book:

Malcolm, you are a true Star! We have similar programs here in the States for our veterans, and the Active Forces. I am not in the least surprised at the actions of the BM members. Their response is heartening. Squadron Mail Order here came to an arrangement with a services(US) modeling club in Kandahar(I believe). An account was established that allowed for donations to be made for them. For every dollar donated, Squadron would match it; i. e., donate $10.00, Squadron would donate $10.00. This way, the club did not have to make the various currency changes, money orders, etc.. I believe that British Forces are still in harm's way; perhaps something such as this could be made in the UK? In the mean time, helping the ones who have returned; and, need help in returning to civilian life; Malcolm's Help for Heroes is a great way to welcome them home. For Scotty's, the 'Easy Assemble' kits are a good idea as well as the snap-tite kits. Again, I am impressed at how the UK, and, apparently, Commonwealth(is that still a thing?) nations have stepped to help. Keep up the great work!

Joe

Hi Malcolm,

Between my stash and @stringbag, we've managed to scrape together another box of kits weighing in at a shade over 7kg.  I need your phone number to book it with the couriers, if you could oblige by PM please matey? :)

Posted (edited)

Malcolm, I've also put together a few more kits that I'll try and get sent out tomorrow.

Edited by Tbolt

Coming at you Malcolm via Parcel Force Express 48.

Having seen the end result of the kits being built during the sessions at Tedworth house, I appreciate your generosity @Mike as it gives so much satisfaction once the kits are completed. Once they leave the session with the kit they started, hopefully they will continue with the hobby and grow the modelling fraternity.

5 hours ago, malcchilds said:

Brilliant brilliant and thrice brilliant!

Don't forget that at least half (I forget) of those were from member @stringbag, or Chris as we call him :)

Check out this incredible stack of donated kits received from donors at the Avon Model Show.  Truly inspiring generosity and thoughtfulness. Ive forgetten everyones name but I know one chap was from BM.   Thanks everyone!!

DHL60cRXgAEJcVU.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=479747065725908&id=401400523560563

Had a rocking morning at Help for Heroes today.  I took some of your kits along to be built by the recovering beneficiaries there. There were many smiles and some very chilled chaps by the end of the morning.  This modelling lark has got magical healing powers I tell you.

Thanks for your ongoing support Britmodellers.

Looks like you had a productive session Malcolm. :goodjob:

Just donated a small sum to your brilliant cause :yes:

13 hours ago, clive_t said:

Just donated a small sum to your brilliant cause :yes:

Yes indeed you did. Thank you for your support Clive! Im very grateful.

Spotted an ad for you guys in the latest soldier magazine 👍🏿

Another fantastic session at Tedworth house, today's builds include a Sherman, Tiger, peashooter, German anti tank gun, a Harry Potter flying car and HMS Belfast were on the bench with a number of them primed and painted during the session. Tedworth house also gained a substantial tool box, allowing modelling essentials to be kept there for the residents to model at will. 

Nothing like a bit of free advertising, hopefully the flyer will be in Octobers edition of Soldier too. When the editorial team get in comm's with Malcolm, there should be an artical about Models for Heroes within the magazine.

Hello!  Can you help?  We looking at setting up Models for Heroes clubs in Wales and Northern Ireland.  If you are interested in getting involved with our charity either with donations or volunteering your time and enthusiasm for the hobby then please get in touch. malcolm@modelsforheroes.co.uk

thanks!