**Finished**Airfix Lightning Pair

Good to see one of these in the gallery - Looks nice! :goodjob: 

I'm opting for a Lightning in the 'Matchbox' GB but I don't think it's going to look anywhere hear as smart as the Airfix kit.

Looking forward to seeing the second one in the gallery :) 

Some decals on, serials have gone absent, hopefully they turn up, save me having to apply the individual letters one at a time, won't be done tonight, dinner guests will see to that. Nice Easter Sunday job, which reminds me, Easter 2015 was a depressing holiday, marked with the disaster that was my first and second attempts at this kit, and here we are two years later and I've banged two of them out no problem....I'm also going to be doing more lightnings, I have another two on route :)

61869FC2-ADA1-4CE2-8A1C-1B306ACA2626_zps

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

Serials have no turned up hope they do as there attached to the fin flashes, I used the other set from the sheet on this and I need them to do the 19Sqn option, I've applied the serials letter by letter. Now to just sort the missles out, and decided if Im going to fit the refuling probe and the wing tanks 

135404F1-E171-45D1-BAB8-09A3B2EAB4C8_zps

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bank Holiday weekend, perhaps should start another model (with 3 nearing completion why not), so this is what I've got, an F2A but with parts for an F6, I have another kit which I may start as an all grey F6, so that would limit me to a the two in the box, as I used the roundels for the 19sqn low vis on the 56Sqn one, and the ones I should have used have still not resurfaced. 

F903DFA5-8E2F-40D5-9D88-AF07529154A3_zps

• 2 weeks later...

Lack of updates on this one, been a cursed few days of modelling, which continued with this, grabbed the wrong rattle can halfway through the final coat of silver and it reacted, no way I'll get a decent finish now. Fortunately I have another copy so back underway with another F2A which is at the same stage as the photo of the doomed one 

Oh you have got to be kidding me, just gone to start sanding the silver, and there's massive sink marks on the fuselage, no way were they there when I masked the spine. Looks like another build doomed, I am done with modelling now, this is the 1000th diaster of the week 13D0C39C-123E-4824-881B-6334B0A78B62_zps

Edited by PhantomBigStu

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Victory-is-in-the-Kitchen said:

Chin up mate - sure you'll sort it. I'm looking to get one of these in the stash. What would you suggest - F2 or F6? What did you prefer? The F6 looks more appealing with the paint schemes; I quite like the look of the alternative to the box art.

Nope, as might be expected given the tone of my post not long afterwards it ended up in several pieces. Hoping to have a go again soon for the MIB build, as for your choice, up to you more options for the F6 though do like the colour schemes for the F2A, just a case of what you can find, both are now discontinued by airfix. 

2 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Nope, as might be expected given the tone of my post not long afterwards it ended up in several pieces. Hoping to have a go again soon for the MIB build, as for your choice, up to you more options for the F6 though do like the colour schemes for the F2A, just a case of what you can find, both are now discontinued by airfix. 

Modelling can be frustrating at times. Never mind, sure you'll nail it next time. Thanks - I've ordered the F6 as I do like more options to choose from.