Hi All,

Is it OK to join all the fun with a DH2?

It will be the Eduard Profipack version and I intend to add a little detail and will not be using the marking options supplied, but basing the airframe on a picture in the relevant Windsock Datafile.

Photos to follow.

Christian, exiled to africa

Here is the box top, for those so inclined,

DSCF2533.jpg

Which contains...

DSCF2530.jpg

DSCF2529.jpg

DSCF2528.jpg

the instructions

97369b6f-79ec-4e76-8690-83715b6c43f1.jpg

and decals, masks and etch

DSCF2532.jpg

Not forgetting the reference,

DSCF2527.jpg

It is a lovely little model and as can be seen elsewhere, builds into a rather nice facsimile. But I have noticed a few areas that could do with some improvement; mostly in added detail or correcting a few inconsistencies along the way. also, trailing edges will be thinned down, as from the box they are 1 mm thick! (48 mm in real life).

Having looked at the enclosed options that Eduard have supplied I went looking for photographs for conformation and found problems with each, so I have decided to base my model on 6000, 24 Squadron, in July 1916. A picture, courtesy of WNW can be found here, (http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/productdetail?productid=3038&cat=4), which is a blow-up of a squadron line-up several pictures of which can be seen in Windsock Datafile 48.

The picture is illuminating as it shows that the laced over inspection panel, situated to the right of and below the fuselage roundel is missing, but that, to replace it, the linen covering has been slit along the line of the lower longeron and appears to be either laced or studded - not sure which yet. The medium tone of the fuselage, struts and undercarriage is taken by WNW to indicate a application of grey and the serial number is very pale, WNW think it a pale blue, but elsewhere it is considered to be grey - one to think about.

Well, there you go! More to follow.

Happy hunting,

• Like 3

9 hours ago, DAG058 said:

Welcome in! The kits looks very nice, plenty of decals and PE. Lots of reference material too, I'll be watching with much interest!

Many thanks for the warm welcome DAG058!

Yes there is a lot of PE, but nearly half of it is either duplication in case things go ping...or for variations between airframes, or not mentioned at all!

I sat down last night to start assembly of the seat. A simple roll and fold, no problem. Right. It fought back all the way and ended up being dissected into four separate parts and assembled accordingly...:angry: Not to mention that the coating over the brass repels all known adhesives, so had to be removed:speechless:. But it is now together, clamped, (was thinking of using a Rock Apes tool kit; 6 inch nail, 28 pound sledgehammer and hairy black maskers) and being given a whole 24 hours to harden off before I have at it with the Greenstuf and Liquid Greenstuff to add the seat cushion and padding around the top of the chair/seat.

Now what do 0.6 mm tubing and 5 amp fuse wire have to do with this?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...