Mig 21 pfm Zvezda 1/72 - restoration

Hi to all

i had to decide what to do whit this model, built some 5 years ago. It was finished in wrong colors of Yugoslav air force, badly executed.....as PFM version is hard to find on the market i decide to try to salvage it...so he got another colors with free hand airbrushing (Egypt air force, Nile Valley camouflage 1970), added details to cockpit, weathering was done with Tamiya pastels, and sprayed with mat Gunze varnish.
At the end i am happy with overall look. I hope you like it also.
Best regards, and pictures and the end....

tumblr_osm3hmvwZ61wu0f8ro3_1280.jpg

tumblr_osm3hmvwZ61wu0f8ro6_1280.jpg

tumblr_osm3hmvwZ61wu0f8ro9_1280.jpg

tumblr_osm3hmvwZ61wu0f8ro10_1280.jpg

tumblr_osm3hmvwZ61wu0f8ro7_1280.jpg

tumblr_osm3hmvwZ61wu0f8ro5_1280.jpg

tumblr_osm3hmvwZ61wu0f8ro4_1280.jpg

tumblr_osm3hmvwZ61wu0f8ro2_1280.jpg

Edited by djos
Moving images from PB
  • Like 37

Impressive Restoration work mate!!! really liked it and good photography. I did three mig-21 restorations as well all basic kits one really old Mig-21 F-13 from Airfirx, the two from some eastern European manufacturer. Trying to build all the mig-21 variant we used, here is Mig-21-F-13, Mig-21 Bis and Mig-21 Bison.
I gave the bison to my cousin however when I visited his place it was in a sorry state, canopy broken front wheel gone, body cracked really sad and other mig-21 broken by dad. Either way, restored to best I could, however, the canopy sadly can't do much as I didn't have spare.

migs.jpgupload gif

@tomthounaojam

Those migs are very nice...especially this one in blue colors. It is always problematic to refresh old models, but at the end every saved model with story behind is worth of our time.

Best regards

1 hour ago, djos said:

@tomthounaojam

Those migs are very nice...especially this one in blue colors. It is always problematic to refresh old models, but at the end every saved model with story behind is worth of our time.

Best regards

Thanks Mate, the blue one is a special indeed has some story behind it as well. True every models has a story to tell good or bad.

• Like 1