Stunning stuff Nigel, wot's not to like: fantastic build thread and end result plus Delia Smith and spicy pork belly! As it happens Rick Stein does a fine spicy pork belly which I'm quite partial to:

http://noshanduttertosh.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/rick-steins-chinese-roast-pork-belly.html

• Like 2

Copy of a 1954 Flight mag...Sycamore being sprayed and in the back ground  the Second  prototype (with wings!) Bristol 173 (Belvedere) G-AMJI . Is the Sycamore c/pit and nose area the same as the Belvedere ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/flight-magazine-12-march-1954-helicopters-of-the-world-848-naval-air-squadron/162586127477

Bristol 173

http://www.baesystems.com/en/heritage/bristol-173

Go down to G-AMJI pic.

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

THAT sounds fun.  Not.

Crisp..On that page top picture . Is that a tether on the back end ?

I think it must be.  It's a zoom in on the same picture two down ("Second prototype ground running"), and that shot appears to show (?)tethers(?) at both ends; the forward one is connected to some sort of ring bolt thing.  Tethered hovering (or semi-hovering in this case, since only the forward wheels are off the ground) was quite common in early helicopters.  Never seen the point, myself; if something goes wrong, then being tied to the ground isn't going to help - in fact it'd probably make things even worse.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, bzn20 said:

Is the Sycamore c/pit and nose area the same as the Belvedere

It looks as if the covering panels differ, Belvedere has a curved middle whereas Sycamore has a pointy bit

The windows are quite similar in shape though

I wish I'd been a bit more comparitive in Hendon in April

Next time I'll look closer

I wish I could get this tablet to open links easily...

😡

Edited by perdu
  • Like 2

I can see the fwd roof is higher on the Belvedere, looks like either one was slightly changed from the other. Hadn't noticed before I saw the prototypes.

Nice result Nigey! Incidentally, given the number of Nigey recipes we have to look at and as one who was forced to change his name by deed poll, perhaps Nigey should be officially renamed as Delia?

Martian

• Like 5

Scrumptialicious! (Sorry about the word mangling). I mean the Sycamore, not necessarily the pork belly, since it reminds me of a recent pub 'crunchy skin' pork belly dish which wasn't, sadly.

Exquisite little gem - one to go back through the thread and marvel at.

Cheers,

Alex.

• Like 2