Newbies First Submissions (Edited)

Edited using Postimage.

Having just joined the group I would like to share with you some of my recent projects. I have just returned to modelling after a 20 year break.

I know there are inaccuracies,but I build models as a pastime and for my own amusement.

Airfix Focke-Wulfe 190. 1/72 Scale.

IMG_3388.jpg

IMG_3258.jpg

Tamiya Sea Harrier 1/48 Scale. If this had been my first experience of Tamiya models I would never had bought another, I had to rescue it from the Bin of Doom on several occasions.

IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_3360.jpg

Airfix Harrier GR3  1/72 Scale. A very early Airfix kit, another one that had to be retrieved from the Bin of Doom, finished the model and the outriggers didn't reach the floor. First aircraft model I have built wheels up, won't be the last.

IMG_3350.jpg

IMG_3355.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Telboy3510
PhotoBucket Rip Off
  • Like 40

Nothing wrong with your efforts. Very good looking and you've come to the right place for inspiration in building. Some of the lighting in your images is a bit dark so we can't see all the workmanship as good as we might, but that can be tweaked easily.

Remember to take all comments as helpful remarks to help you get the most of your modelling.

Well Done. :yes:

Craig

Edited by baldwin8

All look good to me , and I am pleased to see another modeller who builds 'planes on sticks' - I reckon they help you appreciate the craft in their intended place , the air!

Its also more fun 'flying' them around the room making appropriate noises ( come on, I bet you have all done it!) than with the undecart down.

• Like 2

Love the 190, I'm a newbie too and I must have built 20 of these since coming back to it from years ago. Yours is great I've not done brown 6 yet but I'd be super happy if I got it to your level

Oh no. Yet another newbie who hasn't built anything in 20 years and still makes better models than I do!  🙁💔

I'm thinking I'll take up knitting or cooking or something!

I especially like the GR3 though! ☑️

On 22/03/2017 at 20:56, Horatio Gruntfuttock said:

All look good to me , and I am pleased to see another modeller who builds 'planes on sticks' - I reckon they help you appreciate the craft in their intended place , the air!

Its also more fun 'flying' them around the room making appropriate noises ( come on, I bet you have all done it!) than with the undecart down.

I'm going for the cotton from the ceiling not approach as found in my teenage bedroom 30 years ago.