A ray of Sunshine....

.... to herald the start of Spring!  A little something I completed over the past few weeks in between DH Gb and things. A 1/72nd Stampe SV-4B . G-ATKC of the Tiger Club. Built straight from the FRROM/AZUR kit. Love this little aeroplane alongside the TIger Moth due to its similarities. The Tiger Club had three all in the same scheme. The other two were G-ASHS and G-AWEF. Sadly 'TKC came to grief as well as the two persons a few years ago. But I recall seeing these perform at many early Shoreham displays laid on by the Tiger Club when they were based at Redhill.

As for the kit, its a very nice one to build but tricky on getting the top wing on. I rigged it as much as I dare. There are a few more to add but I won't be to avoid wrecking what I have done to get it to this finished stage.  Kit decals are great to apply and very thin.  I will be building a couple more and will do them as the display team 'Les Manchots' of the Belgian Air Force ones as I saw them at the 1967 and 68 Biggin Hill Air Fairs. 

Enjoy:

IMG_1700_zps2piuumzi.jpg

IMG_1699_zpsvmxzxswz.jpg

IMG_1702_zps1tzvwrod.jpg

IMG_1703_zps95d1e3sk.jpg

IMG_1704_zpsumviuzwo.jpg

IMG_1705_zpsgvosbzqk.jpg

IMG_1706_zpseggryxto.jpg

IMG_1707_zpsahjlkiip.jpg

I used invisible mending thread for the main rigging and strands of stripped down electrical wire for the wires between the struts!!!

IMG_1708_zpsxmjjxbb3.jpg

IMG_1709_zps68zskenq.jpg

IMG_1711_zpswoi7khbv.jpg

Humbrol Gloss yellow 69 used and gloss black from a Revell tin. I had grief with the Humbrol gloss black as it just would not dry!!! By the way, I used the tiny Tiger Club decals from the Airfix Tiger Moth as they are much much better than the ones on the kit decal sheet.

IMG_1695_zpsasvyuypz.jpg

Another 'by the way' the kit includes the Renault engine and the covered cockpit canopies for alternative versions in separate kits. This one having the Gipsy Major engine.

• Like 25

Beautiful and very cute model of the Stampe and Vertongen SV-4.

How many people did learn how to pilot an aircraft on this iconic machine?

Your model is just GREAT !

I love it.:clap:

Nice one Paul,.... I remember this one being on the cover of an old Wings magazine from my childhood. 

Cheers

Tony