1/72 Piaggio P.108B, Flying Machines

That's an excellent build of a difficult kit, Fuad. The fit and finish are to your usual high standard, and I wish I could say that the model is beautiful, but it appears to have been beaten severely about the nose with an ugly stick. Oh, well. That's not your fault.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jessica said:

That's an excellent build of a difficult kit, Fuad. The fit and finish are to your usual high standard, and I wish I could say that the model is beautiful, but it appears to have been beaten severely about the nose with an ugly stick. Oh, well. That's not your fault.

Someone says that ancient Roman men also had a hunchbacked nose (like Gaius Julius Caesar):idea:. We will consider that this is a real ancient and courageous Italian.:D

• Like 1

That is one of the best models of any Italian bomber that I have seen. The camouflage is just stunning and the overall finish of the model incredible. The extra details are a major tribute to your outstanding modelling skill.

P

Fuad, amazing work as always, it's a shame a more mainstream manufacturer doesn't make a kit of this great looking aircraft, but you've done a spectacular job with this one it looks beautiful!

Rich

• 3 years later...

Hi Fuad,

I missed this the first time around. One of the best looking models I have ever seen. Your work with the clear parts and camouflage is magnificent. What paint did you use and how did you make the landing lights in the wings?

On 3/21/2017 at 4:21 PM, Paul J said:

Ah yes, The Italian "B-17"

More like the Italian Stirling! Fuad- another beautiful model, and a very intricate color scheme dome beautifully, as well as the exhaust streaking- bet that was a lot of fun! It looks like the prop rotation was reversed from one side to the other- never noticed that before. How  does the Flying Machines kit compare to the Special Hobby release?

Mike

Fantastic Work!  It would be interesting to find out as to WHY these aircraft were such a failure.   Italians did built about 100 of them....I wonder if any of them wound up as transports post-Armistice?

Also fascinating to see the resemblance between the Piaggio and the B-17.   Likewise, the Reggiane radial engine fighters look very much like Seversky P-35s - altho that is because one of Reggianes designers worked for Seversky pre-war....

Lovely work, Fuad, and a spectacular colour scheme as well.  Very well done.

Regards,

Paul