Sign in every time I look?

Mike can you tell me what I've done wrong please?

I have had to sign in every time I have opened the site today

I've tried a  couple of tablets and my pc, all needed re-signing in each time

Have I done something wrong?

:(

More to the point can you tell me how to get normal (ish) again please

Not a site issue I'm afraid matey.  You have either not ticked the box that says remember me, or have a setting, cleaner or AV that blocks or clears your cookies and cache.  Your log in prefs are kept in cookies on your machines ;)

I do have an idea how it all works but it seems in this case the site decided to make me verify my understanding of its cookie policy on every platform I'm using

Seems sorted now, manually, but I didnt expecte a blanket policy to be imposed

Just took me by surprise

Fingers crossed for the morrow

I wish it was something simple or even easy sleazy but it still needs  me to  sign into  the PC, my fire tab or my neocore tablet to come on the site

Is somebody telling me something?

I haven't heard of anyone else getting this treatment

I,m getting this now on two separate pc,s   one work and the other home 

Ive the remember me box ticked and the home  one has the password stored but still have to log in 

:hmmm:

If you don,t like me :crying:

TOUGH :wicked:

• Like 1

Same issue here. It happens on my phone (Android Dolphin), home PC (MS Edge) and work PC (IE11), all starting in the last few days. That suggests to me that it is indeed a site issue.

regards,

Jason

As of today, who amongst us is suffering from this frequently logged out issue?  As I mentioned earlier in the thread it used to do it occasionally to someone for a week or so, but it's never been too frequent that I'm aware of.  If we've got a bunch of folks being affected at once however, it could be worthwhile going to support to find out if they can help.  I'll open a generic ticket with them and see what they suggest over and above my suggestions.  If needs be we can give them specifics of members for them to look into things more deeply if required.

Can you remember when it happened, as in dates?  It might give me a clue, as last week we did 2 minor version upgrades.  I'm just working on a couple of minor fixes on the forum as I type this, so bear with me :)

I've done a little sprucing up now, so if those that are affected could see if it made any difference, I'd be grateful :)

I'm waiting for support to have their first coffee of the morning over in 'Murica, and my self-help attempts have thrown up a few small issues that affect the Support section of the forum, so I've flagged them up to human support too.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

I've done a little sprucing up now, so if those that are affected could see if it made any difference, I'd be grateful :)

I'm waiting for support to have their first coffee of the morning over in 'Murica, and my self-help attempts have thrown up a few small issues that affect the Support section of the forum, so I've flagged them up to human support too.

Still the same issue on Android.

J.

I've had a reply back from Invision, and it seems that this is a known issue, if it's what they assume.  Using multiple devices at the moment can result in you being logged out on another device when you log in elsewhere.  They are currently writing a new feature for the next update, which is a fairly big one, that will allow you to log in on multiple devices and will even let us know the device, the operating system and the browser details, so we don't have to ask you all those questions in the event of an error.  It also will allow you to manage your devices that you access the forum with, to allow you greater control over the security of your account.  Say for example you leave a job, or sell a device, you can remove that device from your authorised list, thereby securing your credentials from malicious use.  It'll also help us to track down sock-puppet accounts better, because they still exist, would you believe it? :rolleyes:

Anyway - try restricting your browsing to one device and one tab in one browser for a wee while, and see if the issue goes away.  Close down any Britmodeller tabs you have open on other devices too, just in case.  If the logging out does go away, go back to using multiple devices and see if you get logged out when you go back to your old ways.

If it doesn't go away while you're using just the one device and browser, chime in back here and let me know as much info as you can so that I can pass it on. :)

• Like 1

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 4:54 PM, Mike said:

Anyway - try restricting your browsing to one device and one tab in one browser for a wee while, and see if the issue goes away.  Close down any Britmodeller tabs you have open on other devices too, just in case.  If the logging out does go away, go back to using multiple devices and see if you get logged out when you go back to your old ways.

If it doesn't go away while you're using just the one device and browser, chime in back here and let me know as much info as you can so that I can pass it on.

Having played with it for a couple of days, this does indeed seem to be the issue. Still a little annoying, but at least it's a known annoyance!

Thanks for looking into this Mike.

cheers,

Jason

Thanks for the feedback.  Looks like it'll be fixed in the next update, the ETA of which I'm not sure of, but it would appear to be soon, as they're actively telling us about what's going to be in it now.  We'll probably wait until the inevitable bug-fix update before we implement it, but it shouldn't be too long now :)

Is it related to what I'm finding?

On the homepage, top right of page login "existing user/login". It used to just open a dialog box for the login process but now it takes you to the "other" login which is a completely separate page which has the loggy-inny things.

I'm not using multiple devices and log out each visit.

Edited by hairystick
spellunk.

• 3 months later...
On 3/29/2017 at 11:54 AM, Mike said:

If it doesn't go away while you're using just the one device and browser, chime in back here and let me know as much info as you can so that I can pass it on

Dell something or other, Win 10, Firefox and all latest fixes/patches etc.  Have to log in each time I visit - just started happening this weekend

and now it's working okay

Edited by hendie
  • Like 1

Well it's started for me in the last couple of days. Using an iMac and Chrome and an iPhone.

Have to login every time if I change devices. Has the patch/update been applied to the Forum or is it still awaited.

Peter

Edited by PDH

Still waiting chaps.  I believe this has been a long-standing bug that they haven't had much success tracking down.  It shouldn't be long before the update is here now though.  We'll probably wait for the 4.x.1 update to address the bugs, but as soon as we can, we'll apply it :)