USN 40mm Bofors Twin mounts. 1:350

Shar2

USN 40mm Bofors Twin mounts

1:350 Master Models

packs.jpg

We’ve had quite a few new sets in from Master Models, mostly turned brass or aluminium, yet with these sets they have added another dimension with the inclusion of resin and photo etched parts. The resin and etch seem to have been produced by North Star and incorporated into the sets.  The new boxes are great too, with the resin parts in their own compartments in the foam for added protection.

[SM-350-091] This set contains six version 1 mounts, each mount is made up from no less than seventeen parts, so get your optivisors and finest tweezers out, as you’re going to need them. Once finished though they will look amazing when complete. The resin gun mount is fitted with a resin front piece and two PE seats complete with footrests. The gun slide is then rolled to shape and fitted to the mount, along with two hand wheels. The twin guns are built using a resin breech, two brass barrels, PE sights and sight covers and a PE elevation arc. The gun assembly is then attached to the mounting, which is then finished off with the rear mounted railings. The set also include a director sighting pedestal, made from a resin pedestal, shoulder guides and deck mounting ring.

twin11.jpg

twin12.jpg

twin13.jpg

[SM-350-092] – This set is for version 2 of the twin 40mm Bofors mounts and is the same build as the version above, with a different rear mounted railing, which is complete with ammunition storage racks.

twin22.jpg

Conclusion

I have to say, I really like these sets, the level of detail is amazing, if rather fiddly and eye watering. They will certainly add that extra something to a model. 

Review sample courtesy of Piotr at logo.gif

• Like 3

Hello,

I totally agree, seem very nice.

I Wonder about my large fingers:huh:

Even at 1/48 I use pincer and magnifier :mellow:

Thank for the nice review.

Corsaircorp