Wallace and Gromit motorbike and sidecar/plane what glue to use

jtabbey

Hello,

i have a Wallace and Gromit motorbike and Sidecar I'm about to start building. I've read that the plastic is hard to glue. Does anyone have any suggestions/advice/recommendations of a suitable glue to use. Also any suggestions for vallejo, gunze or tamiya shade of red to use?

Thanks in advance 

I built the aeroplane a while ago and the plastic is, er, hard to handle! Under advice I used 5-minute epoxy to glue the parts, mixing up small batches and applying with a cocktail stick. My kit came with Humbrol 19 acrylic (although I didn't use it).

Julian ( @Gremlin56 ) built the motorbike and used Mr. Hobby Mr. Cement S glue with Tamiya rattle can red (not sure what colour, sorry, but I guess their 'red'?)

The plastic is quite 'oily' and doesn't sand well, but it does trim with careful use of a scalpel.

If you're painting with acrylics I'd suggest a wipe over with some IPA after assembly and use a Stynylrez primer - great stuff.

HTH.

I just used regular Revell Contacta glue in the blue pot with a needle.

But; I also drilled out the arm etcetera locations and inserted sprue pegs to help strengthen the joints