Mrs PlaStix's 1/35 Tamiya Dinosaurs

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 14:35, Mrs PlaStix said:

My second Dino project was a real 'biggie' the box was ginormous!  It was the Tamiya 1/35 Brachiosaurus Diorama: 

If you think that's big, wait till someone does a kit of Argentinosaurus. To sort of quote Roy Scheider in Jaws, Stix will be saying "We're gonna need a bigger house"!!

That aside, they all look very realistic. Acrylics?

John.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

If you think that's big, wait till someone does a kit of Argentinosaurus. To sort of quote Roy Scheider in Jaws, Stix will be saying "We're gonna need a bigger house"!!

That aside, they all look very realistic. Acrylics?

John.

Cheers John! - That would take a shed load of plastic and a very, very large box! :D They seem to keep digging up even bigger Dinos every year... Yes I used Humbrol acrylics all, of course, brush painted :smile: 

• 1 month later...

I love these. Am so glad I decided to browse through a section I haven't been to before. Well done Mrs Plastix. Last time I made a model Dinosaur was back in the 70s. Takes me back

Edited by Martin Ford
Misspelled
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2017 at 0:14 AM, Will Vale said:

I liked these when you were working on them but they look incredible in the photos with backdrops. Really naturalistic.

Top stuff!

Will

Cheers Will, borrowing Stix's boards really helps to give them an illusion of reality. :D

On 4/25/2017 at 7:41 AM, Gorbygould said:

These are great, I'm tempted myself to give them a go. I always seem to make a complete hash of decals, so maybe this the way to go.

Thanks! I'm beginning to understand what you mean about decals, I'm having a go at building AFVs and so far the decals have proved to be the most frustrating, you spend ages getting them just right and then catch them and they've gone...:huh:

18 hours ago, Martin Ford said:

I love these. Am so glad I decided to browse through a section I haven't been to before. Well done Mrs Plastix. Last time I made a model Dinosaur was back in the 70s. Takes me back

Cheers Martin glad it brought back some memories!:smile:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2017 at 11:07 PM, Woodo79 said:

Been a while since I've been on here, thought I'd catch up on these as I enjoyed watching the WIPs. Your work continues to be amazing.

Cheers! you're far too kind! I'm really missing modelling the dinos, but have got involved with weird shaped AFVs for now... hope to get my T Rex diorama started sometime in Summer...:smile: 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mrs P

Long time no speak - my dinos got put on the back burner after a house move which prompted me over to a number of Star Wars builds in the sci-fi section of the forum - hope all is good - keep those prehistoric masterpieces of your coming

Got myself my new man cave workshop all set up after the move over to Iver - a lovely snug man place with a telly and a heater and with a great woman on constant call out for T and biscuits  just 20 paces from the cave door.

Keep safe and model on - John

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

Hi Mrs P

Long time no speak - my dinos got put on the back burner after a house move which prompted me over to a number of Star Wars builds in the sci-fi section of the forum - hope all is good - keep those prehistoric masterpieces of your coming

Got myself my new man cave workshop all set up after the move over to Iver - a lovely snug man place with a telly and a heater and with a great woman on constant call out for T and biscuits  just 20 paces from the cave door.

Keep safe and model on - John

Glad to hear you're settled in and happy! You've gone over to the Dark side and I'm dabbling with AFVs - what is the world coming to...? You both keep safe and model on too!:dinosaur:

• 3 years later...
On 8/7/2020 at 12:55 PM, Ron NL-S said:

Superb collection!

There appears to be a real difference in sculpting quality between the series, but the painting is superb on all of them!

The scenes are looking quite natural and convincing too.

Many thanks, all brush painted of course, Stix's photography and backdrops make almost anything look good! 🦖