Vulcan XH562 now with photos

I bought this kit on a whim at an RAF Waddington Air Show about  4 years ago and it has languished in my stash ever since. Discussions with my SIG members have led us to agree to display at Telford this year so our theme may well be New Zealand  in 1/144th. My first entry is XH562 as zapped by the RNZAF when at Ohakea on a visit from its base in Cyprus. Nothing subtle about the the rather large Kiwi Roundels on the sides.

XH5625_zpsgnueuv7q.jpg

XH5624_zpslpllgbrv.jpg

The kit is by Great Wall Hobbies as is an absolute joy to work with, everything fits and I had to use absolutely no filler at all, which must be a first for me. The whole thing only took about a week with the longest part  being masking the camouflage  pattern on the top. I used  asset of Fundekkals as all the necessary marking are included as are markings for another 20+ Vulcans. The instructions for the decals are downloaded from their site and are excellent, there is an awful lot more data than you would expect on  a set of decal instructions and even surpass the old Modeldecal sheets.

XH5622_zpsstprf2rd.jpg

My only issue is that I think the nose wheel leg is too long giving the finished model as curious nose up attitude.

I must remember to peel the window masking off !

• Like 10