Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

Switched Identities   18/06/17

If you are still having problems logging in and remaining under your own username following the DDoS attack last week, you need to log off, clear your browser's cache, and restart your browser to ensure you clear all the old files from your temporary area.  Then you should be sorted.
Simon Cornes

Stoke on Trent Model Show and Figureworld 2017

Well, if you missed this one then you missed a real treat. Now in its third year at this venue and gets better each time with the foundations being laid for bigger and better shows in the future. Very adequate car parking and only £2 entry fee. I saw Stu Fone with his camera so expect something in Airfix Model World at some point. Really good little refreshment are - coffee £1 for a good volume and a slice of excellent cake for 75p. Whats more I even came back later in the day with SWMBO so that she could have a look at what went on - plus I'd forgotten to buy a pair of very neat nippers from one of the tables - £3 so you couldn't go wrong! If you didn't go this year then keep your eyes open for it in 2018

Simon

Agree with Simon, another cracking show, even SWMBO  who reluctantly came with me, enjoyed it! I think it may have been the cake on sale that swung it for her mind!!! A big well done to the organisers, great show!

People underestimate how important the catering is at these small shows. SWMBO has never been to a show with me before and I thought it was safe enough to take her later in the day as I'd already made my 'obscene' purchase by then so it was a nice little look at what other people get up to and to realise that - most - are not to weird!! 

I agree with all the comments above. Sunday was my first attendance and what an excellent show and how refreshing to get decent good quality catering / refreshments at a sensible price rather than the ususal 'captive audience' rip-off and poor quality offerings.

The Stioke Show is thoroughly recommended and I will be there next year as well!

Gary 

The catering is one thing I miss about the Peterborough show: in the Town Hall itself there was old-fashiones village hall catering (bacon butties, home-made cakes, tea, coffee) and in the town centre outside all the calories/cholesterol/refined sugars/hydrogenated fats and everything else growing modellers need.  The new venue's got one burger van, no contest....:rain:

Its interesting that we were still talking at the Stoke show about the excellent catering at the Nantwich show only a few weeks previously! Obviously this is a key factor for all show at all shows - quality at sensible prices = happiness!!

1 person likes this