Jetstar orange color

A350fan

Good evening all,

First post here !!

Does anybody have an idea what would be a good match for the Jetstar orange ? I have no preference for any kind of brands.

Any kind of help very much appreciated !!

Kind regards,

Jan

I can honestly say that when I fly into Toulouse and see the various aircraft there on the delivery apron, there is little to choose from between the Jetstar Orange and the colour of the aircraft I am in; namely an easyJet A320 / A319.

So with that in mind I have just done a search and found that easyJet uses Pantone 021, as does Jetstar! It is also identical to the Smart Wings orange as well! as Windjet's too!!

Maybe Airbus and Boeing just had a load of orange paint knocking around and gave it away for a good price!

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

Maybe Airbus and Boeing just had a load of orange paint knocking around and gave it away for a good price!

Unlikely - companies these days are highly 'conscious' of their image and that includes particular shades of colours, take Cadbury's purple as an example. Some go on to register them as trademarks, again Cadbury's.  Most recent images and rebrands are arranged by marketing companies who specify the colour as it has a perceived value or meaning.

p.s. other chocolate bars are available and, in my opinion, taste better.

• Like 1

I was kidding about the paint knocking around... But when you see the aircraft parked next to each other, which I frequently do, the orange is the same.

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for your kind assistance. 

It sure put me on the right track. 

I guess Vallejo's 70.910 would come close (at least when compared to the Nazca decal sheet).

Feoffee2

For the fuselage I'm thinking about Vallejo's 77.701 Aluminium or 77.706 White Aluminium with a mica coating. It'll be trial and error to get this scheme spot on I think.

If anyone has some better idea's just let me know !!!

Cheers,

Jan

29 minutes ago, A350fan said:

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for your kind assistance. 

It sure put me on the right track. 

I guess Vallejo's 70.910 would come close (at least when compared to the Nazca decal sheet).

Feoffee2

For the fuselage I'm thinking about Vallejo's 77.701 Aluminium or 77.706 White Aluminium with a mica coating. It'll be trial and error to get this scheme spot on I think.

If anyone has some better idea's just let me know !!!

Cheers,

Jan

I really think you have answered your own question, the orange you choose should match the decal sheet, it's all about perception rather than exact colour

Having been up close and personal with Jetstar aircraft, and I think my photos of one are still in the Walkarounds section, I would choose a dark metallic grey, similar to Jet 2 for the basic fuselage, the Vellejo suggestion is not even close, and there is no hint of any mica coat, I would look in the automotive paint lines for something, I remember someone doing Jet2 scheme and using from memory a Porsche or BMW colour.