Ilyushin Il-10 `Beast`, Shturmoviks over Manchuria

Hi Everyone,

Just got some photo`s of my latest effort: Special Hobby`s 1/48 Il-10 to add to my `August Storm` mini theme

GYkVEDA.jpg

I couldn`t find any photo`s or pictures in any books or on-line depicting Il-10`s in the Soviet invasion of Manchuria at the very end of WWII but I came across......

21gvLhs.jpg

...some images from a Flight/Combat Sim called `Shturmoviks over Manchuria and thought, in the absence of any thing else, one of those schemes would do.

7441Ntq.jpg

The build itself is mostly from the box, with just some wire brake pipes and a few bits of photo etch replaced with more user friendly materials here and there

kw6V5v7.jpg

Replaced  the resin gun barrels with metal tube too.

4Y8nKCD.jpg

Decals were made up from bits and pieces from the stash and a few of the kits.

j9Tyjct.jpg

and I admitted defeat building the kit bombs and just modified some from the spares box to (loosely) resemble them

T7DYktM.jpg

Hope you enjoy, thanks for looking

Cheers Russ

• Like 34

Nice job Russ! I have that kit and I know it lives up to it's nickname! Did you have any issues? I had to lengthen one fuselage half to match the other so that it would line up. Anyway, Well done!

• Like 1

Just now, Nachtwulf said:

Nice job Russ! I have that kit and I know it lives up to it's nickname! Did you have any issues? I had to lengthen one fuselage half to match the other so that it would line up. Anyway, Well done!

Cheers Dale; I had a few issues but the fuselage halves were ok on mine, fitting the wings was the worst, if I do another I`ll try leaving the bomb bays out. That propeller was challenging too, not how I would have designed it:mellow:.

• Like 1

That's stunning Russ! It really is a 'big beast'!

Beautiful paint work and weathering. The photographs are fantastic too, I love the backdrop, base and sky.

:goodjob: 

TonyT

• Like 1