1/48 Eduard A-4 Skyhawk

After the F-16D, I did a few models, but hadn't  the energy to take some pictures and post them.
This is the second model I completed in 2017, also started in 2017.
The main colors are from Hataka, for me they worked better than Vallejo in the airbrush. It seemed it didn't dry out that fast as Vallejo, even dilluted. I used HTK-A048 – Light Gull Grey (ANA 620) and HTK-A049 – Insignia White (ANA 511). Other colors came from Vallejo and AMMO of Mig.
After completing ths bird I managed to knock of the inflight refueling probe twice, that's why it is pointing down a bit.
Next time I would paint the red on the intakes, these were the only decals I had a struggle with.
The weapons come form Eduard, panels lines were done with oil paint.
When the weather improves I'll update this post whit some outdoor photos.

DSC_8926_1-1600.jpg

DSC_8927_2-1600.jpg

DSC_8929_3-1600.jpg

DSC_8931_4-1600.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Jan Remco

• Like 25

Very nice ,i have got the Italeri A4 on the go at the moment .I got a Eduard zoom set for the cockpit ,it was meant for the Hasagawa .

I thought it would be ok ,i bought a Quickboost seat as well ,going to keep the Eduard set until i can get a Hasagawa kit .

I would like to do a A4 in Israeli Markings .

33 minutes ago, cocky05d said:

Very nice ,i have got the Italeri A4 on the go at the moment .I got a Eduard zoom set for the cockpit ,it was meant for the Hasagawa .

I thought it would be ok ,i bought a Quickboost seat as well ,going to keep the Eduard set until i can get a Hasagawa kit .

I would like to do a A4 in Israeli Markings .

Thanks for the nice comments. An Israeli A4 is a cool looking one. I do like the sand cammouflage.

Looking forward to your A4.

Jan Remco

1 hour ago, Janremco said:

Thanks for the nice comments. An Israeli A4 is a cool looking one. I do like the sand cammouflage.

Looking forward to your A4.

Jan Remco

Hi ,the A4 is way ,way down the list of models i am working on ,my mojo is on holiday at the moment .

Janremco,

Nice job on the Skyhawk 👍

How well did the Eduard ejection seat fit? I am currently working on the Hasegawa A-4E myself.

It looks like those Hataka paints worked out very well📸👀😎

Cheers, (Great Job)

Mr. Happy (In name only)

7 hours ago, Mr.Happy said:

Janremco,

Nice job on the Skyhawk 👍

How well did the Eduard ejection seat fit? I am currently working on the Hasegawa A-4E myself.

It looks like those Hataka paints worked out very well📸👀😎

Cheers, (Great Job)

Mr. Happy (In name only)

Hi Mr Happy,

The seat went in well not a problem I can remember. As written I had better painted the intakes red instead of using the decals. 

I liked working with the Hataka paints, this my second model one with these paints the ther one is an F4 in SEA colors. I will put up the photos nextcweekend.

Thanks for your nice comment.

Jan Rdmco

Goeden avond Jan Remco,

superb A-4, and the paint job is top notch! Congrats!

I am nonetheless surprised that a kit jazzed up by Eduard would still give you problems with the fit of the cockpit transparencies.

But the overall effect of your build is beautiful

JR

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jean said:

Goeden avond Jan Remco,

superb A-4, and the paint job is top notch! Congrats!

I am nonetheless surprised that a kit jazzed up by Eduard would still give you problems with the fit of the cockpit transparencies.

But the overall effect of your build is beautiful

JR

Hi JR,

The cockpit transparencies will be probably my fault. May be some paint or the fact that I did the front one first. The overal fit was good as we may expect from Hssegawa.

Thanks for your comment.

Jan Remco

Hello,Jan - My full compliments to you,my friend,on this fine looking build of your 'Skyhawk'.

I love the glorious 'hi-viz' schemes which adorned so many great types.The 'Skyhawk' is no exception and your beautifully built and finished example,displaying restrained and realistic weathering and colourful markings,is a resplendent tribute to this charismatic aircraft.Great work!

😉👍All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1