S&M Viscount Improvements. 'British Caledonian Commuter'

S&M Viscount. 1:144

26 Decals 'British Caledonian Commuter'.

vis24_zps1arljklq.jpg

I have a few of these kits and decided to attempt some simple improvements to it. Mainly, the nose is too blunt, the cockpit 'bulge; a little too 'square' and the trailing edges could do with thinning down as could the props. All is detailed in this Work in Progress thread

I also used the Viscount detail set from 26 decals, which provides all the panel lines, intake, etc, and makes a huge difference to the model. It is essential if you are building one of these. I think the British Caledonian livery is one of the all time best ever carried by an airline, really classy. They only had 1 Viscount, which was operated on their behalf by British Air Ferreies, and did not last long in this scheme before it was modified and lost that lovely Scottish lion on the fin.

vis25_zpsvsnupl5p.jpg

vis28_zpsjtq85o8j.jpg

vis27_zps6318eaqc.jpg

vis26_zpsudssawpy.jpg

vis29_zpshcqogimf.jpg

vis23_zps59iidgod.jpg

With something else. A Welsh Models vac form Viscount in BEA Red square.

vis30_zpsr03uyyql.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

• Like 26

Hi John thats a really nice job you have done there,certainly agree with you the detail sheet does really enhance the look,seeing how good it looks make me wish I had gone the extra mile with my own build, lovely job, well done.                                            Cheers Michael.

• Like 1

Good job and decals are great. I think at some point Vickers changed the Radome profile like they did with the later BAC 1-11. I just did an image search and found some like your BEA model. Or is it my eyes that need an update ?

http://footage.framepool.com/en/search/vickers+viscount/

Well done and thanks for showing

• Like 1

The longer more pointed nose shape is on Viscounts fitted with weather radar.  If you search online (particularly for BEA/BA aircraft) you can find images of the same aircraft with both rounded and pointed radomes.

• Like 1