FLY 1/32 Hurricane IIC

My latest effort. This FLY's 1/32 Hurricane IIC finished as nightfighter BE581 JX-E "Night Reaper" flown by 1 Sqn ace Flt Lt Karel Kuttelwascher DFC during operations from RAF Tangmere.

I found this a tricky kit to build. As mentioned in many reviews, the landing gear bay was very awkward and had to be sanded to within an inch of its life to ensure a fit. It fits snugly against the frame of the cockpit and took a lot of fettling to make the centre lower wing section fit. The outer wing fit wasn't too easy either. Finished with a brush and Xtracrylix Ocean Grey and Dark Green on the top, Revel gloss black on the underside. The decals are very nice went on a treat.

20170319_114709_edit_zpsfa9xtdh1.jpg
20170319_114719_edit_zpsiim1mcc5.jpg
20170319_114749_edit_zpsunzusuwd.jpg
20170319_114826_edit_zpskdqqpfci.jpg
20170319_114906_edit_zpsrryzg9oc.jpg
20170319_114911_edit_zpsrein0iiq.jpg

• Like 14

9 hours ago, Dereknf said:

Thanks for the comments. They are appreciated although it appears that the subject isn't very popular.

That's because the Spitfire 'won the war' Derek.

Lovely Hurricane , nicely done and a great finish , have always felt it is an aircraft that has great character which you have captured well and it always seems much more satisfying if the kit needs a bit of persuasion along the way.

Nice one, looks good, and it's great that we now have modern Hurricane kits available, though by all accounts they can be challenging to build..

Cheers

Dennis

Lovely looking Hurricane!

Having just built one of these beasts, I appreciate what a 'challenge' they are to build.

You have done a great job! :)

Great looking Hurricane nice paint, unfortunately its an aircraft that will always be in the shadow of the Spitfire .

Guy