This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Pocher F40 with Autograph transkit upgrade challenge build

On to the front portion of frame? I have jumped around a lot on construction. I am at the point of adding the 4 posts that are there to support all the weight of model. A little torn on this as I think it detracts from the overall detail. Any thoughts on this? I really would like to omit these. Just not sure the modified A arm mounts will hold full weight of finished model.

OK, Greg, I see what you are talking about now. Yeah, you're right about them being added to support the extra weight of the kit so the whole car doesn't sag in the middle over time. Pocher added similar pieces to the "Classic" kits that, had all plastic frames to help support the weight of the model. Over time these models would start to sag in the middle so, it's just a way to relieve some of the stress on those areas of car. Autograph has also added these four plastic tubes to perform a similar function. Personally, I'm going to wait until the end of the build to either add them or not but, I'll probably add them just because of weight of the model. They're far enough under the car that I don't they will be all that noticeable.