Mixing paint - Feel 'The Farce'...

Dances With Wolves

On 4/17/2017 at 0:17 PM, BIG X said:

Sorry to quote myself - but I thought a quick update was in order - a test in water proved the ball bearings rust after just 24 hours - Oh how I wish I had run the test before contaminating 22 bottles of paint - we all live & learn - £50+ down the drain - well in the bin actually :doh:

I picked up a container of glass beads at my local art store (USA-Michaels) for about $7. I think it has 1000 beads in odd colors...not that I care I just wanted glass beads. I put 3-5 in each bottle so likely enough to last my lifetime. 

• Like 1

I know Michael's - in a previous career I used to supply their in house framing departments with drymounting products (for sticking pictures down) - BIG COMPANY - one of my biggest accounts worldwide.

I may try Hobbycraft here in the UK for something similar - they sell lots of beads - you would know them as HOBBY LOBBY.

• 8 months later...

...just browsing some old posts and found this - almost 9 months on this is still working a treat and I would be happy to recommend it as a good solution.

2 hours ago, BIG X said:

...just browsing some old posts and found this - almost 9 months on this is still working a treat and I would be happy to recommend it as a good solution.

2 hours ago, BIG X said:

Agree a good solution.

The question. Roger Bushell a friend of Pat Reid and Airey Neave who all lived "happily" in a Fortress.

PS how do you delete a clip in a quote ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LaurieS said:

Agree a good solution.

The question. Roger Bushell a friend of Pat Reid and Airey Neave who all lived "happily" in a Fortress.

PS how do you delete a clip in a quote ?

Roger Bushell  - otherwise known as BIG X wasn't at Colditz with Pat Reid and Airey Neave.  He was in Stalagluft III - where he organised the great escape.  All incredibly brave men.

2 hours ago, BIG X said:

Roger Bushell  - otherwise known as BIG X wasn't at Colditz with Pat Reid and Airey Neave.  He was in Stalagluft III - where he organised the great escape.  All incredibly brave men.

Just testing your knowledge. Correct :lalala:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BIG X said:

I didn't know it was a quiz ;)

Actually I got Bushell mixed up with Lieutenant Michael Sinclair.

Sinclair was shot trying to escape Colditz by climbing over the wire.

Like Bushell his life as a prisoner was not to be one.

As a youth I bought Pan and the like books Guy Gibson, Colditz, Winged Victory. They were my heroes

as I was so impressed with their determination. I am a very determined person and I even now wonder

if their stories fostered in some part that determination.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LaurieS said:

Actually I got Bushell mixed up with Lieutenant Michael Sinclair.

Sinclair was shot trying to escape Colditz by climbing over the wire.

Like Bushell his life as a prisoner was not to be one.

As a youth I bought Pan and the like books Guy Gibson, Colditz, Winged Victory. They were my heroes

as I was so impressed with their determination. I am a very determined person and I even now wonder

if their stories fostered in some part that determination.

I often wonder if anyone would have heard of Roger Bushell if it wasn't for the movie - The Great Escape - and Richard Attenborough's portrayal of Roger Bartlett or BIG X.

As I said - brave men - who deserve to be remembered and respected for their courage in such unbelievable circumstances.

1 hour ago, BIG X said:

I often wonder if anyone would have heard of Roger Bushell if it wasn't for the movie - The Great Escape - and Richard Attenborough's portrayal of Roger Bartlett or BIG X.

As I said - brave men - who deserve to be remembered and respected for their courage in such unbelievable circumstances.

I think that the majority of those who took part in WW11 had courage in circumstances which we can only gauge from reading

the biographies and autobiographies.

Until recently, moving from a house to a flat, I had over 800 books on WW11. Having read approx 75% mostly biographies and

autobiographies I realise that most were consumed with fear & dread yet through loyalty to themselves and family plus dread of

letting their fellows they fought with down. That is a courage which beggars belief.

From submariners, convoy duty, fighters, bombers, those in tanks and infantry. Agents in the field, SAS and Popskis Private

Army etc the list is long. They faced death or being maimed every hour & day. They fought that fear with courage.

Reading at present Out of the Italian Night. Wellingtons in Italy carrying out sorties in Austria, Romania and North Italy. As the

number sorties increased he writes, he was the pilot and captain, that he became more fearful yet he could not let his crew down.

Courage or whatever it was/is it is quite something.

Laurie

PS apologies to the author of this article for straying off subject.

• Like 1