Primers, White, Grey, Black

Shar2

Primers

Ammo by Mig Jimenez

bottles2.jpg

There are a plethora of different manufacturers primers on the market these days and Mig Jimenez has release three more in the AMMO One Shot range. Each of the three primers, white, grey and black are self levelling and water based. They have been designed to preserve the detail and to dry with a hard, flat finish. Fortunately, unlike some products they have little or no smell. You should clean the kit parts of any residue from the moulding process, but this isn’t always necessary as these primers should adhere to the plastic, or any other material such as resin or PE without problem. To use you just shake the bottle well before decanting into the airbrush cup and spraying at around 20-30 PSI in thin coats until the model or parts are fully coated. Once complete clean the airbrush out with you preferred cleaner, or you can use AMMO’s own A.MIG.2001 cleaner.

White

bin.jpg

Grey

bin.jpg

Black

bin.jpg

Conclusion

These are really nice primers and although I’ve only done some test pieces with them they do indeed level nicely and dry to a hard enough finish to be able to sand if required.

Review sample courtesy of

logo.png

I've used the black and the grey, thinned with a bit of Mr Levelling Thinner, sprayed through my H&S Ultra with the 0.4mm needle and nozzle then cleaned out with Mig Cleaner and clean spirit. I can safely say that they are the finest primers I've ever used. Great product.

The only issue is the cap: it tends to shoot out paint when you close it, then the paint runs all over your fingers.