Revell 1/32 Israeli Phantom

haven't posted any builds for a while and to be honest this maybe isn't the best place to start as the photos aren't the best but I'll try and take some in daylight later when I've hung it in the cave.

It's the special edition of the the Flight Test Phantom that I picked up in the Wonderland sale for about £20. I couldn't be faffed with the scheme in the box and I've never built an Israeli aircraft before so I thought "why not"? The wife got me the decals for Christmas a couple of years ago now and I thought I'd throw it together as a fairly quick build. I've made no great attempt at authenticity of type and, unusually for me, I've built it wheels up because I simply don't have room to have this on a shelf. It's absolutely huge, and I love how it captures the beefy presence of the real thing. 

I haven't gone too mad with the weathering but have added a few streaks here and there. You can't really see it too well on these pictures but I will try and do some better ones in the next few days. The only major investment in effort on this was the pilots; the only ones in 1/32 I could see at hannants were almost as expensive as the kit itself and to be honest I didn't rate them anyway. What I did was pinch a couple of spares I had kicking about; the pilot started life as the driver of the Tamiya SAS pink panther Land Rover. I added a bone dome to the basic head shape and then took a casting of this with the face and grafted this to the guy in the back, who was originally a Tamiya modern US soldier. I added survival vests and pouches to them and shoe horned them into the cockpit along with various wires and things to bling the whole thing up a bit. You can't see that much anyway.

IMG_0606_zpsha5j06kg.jpg

IMG_0604_zpsqvboyrdt.jpg

IMG_0601_zpsksau3jvl.jpg

IMG_0598_zpsjnoecm8z.jpg

• Like 36

Hello,Goggsy - You've made my day with this magnificent 'Phantom' build.Beautifully built,painted and finished with restrained but realistic weathering,I love her.Phabulous!

😉👍 All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

That looks very cool indeed, my friend. You've made a great job of the Israel "Sledgehammer" (which IIRC, is the translation of "Kurnass" as the IAF call her). 

Thanks for sharing. 

Chris. 

• Like 1

That is stunning... but I feel you've short changed us on the photos! I'd love to see some more in natural light.  Beautiful.

• Like 1

Shalon Goggsy.

very big, and very sexy!

Congrat

JR

• Like 1

Superb looking Phantom!

Great work overall, especially with converting the crew from non aircrew figures, very impressive:goodjob:

• Like 1

Great looking Phantom  , Phantastic paint work. :goodjob:

Guy

• Like 1