F-16 1/72 decals needed

Thud4444

Does anyone know if a manufacture makes decals for a regular ol' line bird for this kit?

box.jpg

Every decal set I can find is for a show bird. I accidentally ordered the wrong kit, but it's too nice not to build. 

Please and thank you!

Thanks for all the help!

@ Neal, I've never heard of scalemates before.  I wasted way too many hours after it's discovery! :facepalm:

On 3/18/2017 at 4:54 PM, Richard E said:

Here's an alternative list for you which might help:

F-16A Decals

The MLU version of the F-16A you have ordered is the current in service version used by the Belgian, Danish, Dutch and Norwegian Air Forces 

I ordered some aftermarket decals from Amazon.  I could only find orginal "A" models, but hopefully I can piece some numbers together. 

On 3/19/2017 at 5:26 AM, Hook said:

I can send you some line bird leftovers if that would help. 

Cheers,

Andre 

Thanks for the offer,  but I live in the States. Shipping would probably be incredibly expensive. I'm on a roll so I want to get this finished, before I get the yips!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thud4444 said:

Thanks for all the help!

@ Neal, I've never heard of scalemates before.  I wasted way too many hours after it's discovery! :facepalm:

I ordered some aftermarket decals from Amazon.  I could only find orginal "A" models, but hopefully I can piece some numbers together. 

Thanks for the offer,  but I live in the States. Shipping would probably be incredibly expensive. I'm on a roll so I want to get this finished, before I get the yips!

What version and block number is the kit? I have some sheets from various Hasegawa and Esci kits and I could send you one or two, but I'm not well-versed on modern weenie cookers, so need to know if your kit is an A or C model and what block number, like 40, 50, 52, etc.

Mike

Hi, Thud,

Operative schemes for early F-16As, even current MLUs, are in incredibly short supply. I would suggest you forget most mainstream vendors (look at the Hannants page, you'll see most current decal sheets are for anniversary schemes and the like) and go straight to Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R3.TR6.TRC0.A0.H0.XF-16+1%2F72.TRS0&_nkw=1%2F72+f-16+decals&_sacat=220

I live the other side of the pond, and have gnashed my teeth at the decal sheets available in your side.

Hope that helps,

Fernando