Boeing 737 crosswind landing video

Biggles87

SWMBO called me to the computer this morning to look at something on the ' Daily Mail Online ' site,  something which I usually avoid if possible. 

She showed me a video of a B737 crosswind landing taken on a camera mounted somewhere ahead and below the pilot, who was working like a one armed paper hanger. The pilot is Polish and likes extreme aerobatics so probably felt quite at home, and gave a huge grin when the aircraft was on the ground. He did a fantastic job and I thouroughly recommend a view of the clip.

John

Here's the link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4326070/Video-shows-difficulty-landing-Boeing-737-high-winds.html

He's certainly working hard. I've have a DVD somewhere of a 727 landing in high winds where the pilot is working just as hard. It not that unusual, most pilots will have work just as hard on occasion. I remember having to do something similar on a few occasions albeit in something a lot smaller. Sometimes one or other wing will drop violently as if some giant grabbed it. It's not as scary as it looks but you certainly earn your pay on those days.

Yet people still say 'Sure those planes fly themselves.

Edited by noelh