Pocher Lamborghini Aventador 1/8 Kit

Your Halfords says 'not suitable for upholstery', which means it's not so durable and may not adhere.

Over here we have brands like this one which are for 'car seats, door panels' etc. Wide range of colors. They work very well but again - test anything you get.

https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-248919-Automotive-11-Ounce-Fabric/dp/B003CT4ASE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493814442&sr=8-1&keywords=vinyl+spray+paint

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Codger said:

Your Halfords says 'not suitable for upholstery', which means it's not so durable and may not adhere.

Over here we have brands like this one which are for 'car seats, door panels' etc. Wide range of colors. They work very well but again - test anything you get.

https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-248919-Automotive-11-Ounce-Fabric/dp/B003CT4ASE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493814442&sr=8-1&keywords=vinyl+spray+paint

Bear in mind Mr C....the kit seats are not uphostered....I think the paint warning refers to cloth upholstery.

Rust Oleum is to be found in the UK....mostly on e-bay.

Ron

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, silver911 said:

Bear in mind Mr C....the kit seats are not uphostered....I think the paint warning refers to cloth upholstery.

Rust Oleum is to be found in the UK....mostly on e-bay.

What's your opinion silver911? I've never heard of rust oleum? Not that I doubt Mr C but just never heard of it

I'd of thought that the Halfords paint would've been okay. As I'm not painting leather or upholstery. It is a kind of vinyl which is flexible. 

Edited by cookiezoom

Just now, cookiezoom said:

What's your opinion silver911? I've never heard of rust oleum?

As Mr C points out....Rust Oleum has higher adhesion properties...so...whether your going to paint the whole seat...or just pick out panels or stitching...I would use it happily :)

Ron

E-bay do have Rust oleum....but the colours are limited!....black being the common colour.

Did come across this....though it's quite expensive.....always the problem with paints that are designed for special purposes....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PECKHAM-TRADING-UK-CAR-VINYL-CAR-ACCESSORIES-RUBBER-SPRAY-PAINT-MANY-COLOR-/122017431678?var=&hash=item1c68ce407e:m:mQ95S2tVYC6k6JTOT4bDkSQ

Ron

One thing to be aware of with vinyl paints....they say 'flexible'....but....trust me....that property is minimal at best.

For the Lambo seats...assemble front and back before you spray them to avoid stressing the paint ;)

Ron

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silver911 said:

E-bay do have Rust oleum....but the colours are limited!....black being the common colour.

Have you been able to find any Ron of the black rust oleum on eBay? 

I'll have a look at that other paint. Thanks. 

21 minutes ago, silver911 said:

I found this but wasn't sure if it was the same type of spray paint. 

Thanks

Since the kit seats are vinyl, the vinyl paints should have both adhesion and flexibility. Over here other popular Brands are Duplicolor and SEM. They are heavily used in 1:1 to refinish faded dashboards, door panels and seats. Whole color changes of those parts are frequently done which is a cheap way to avoid reupholstery for some.

• Like 1

I've started working on my Huracan. I want to add some colour to the interior as the all lack scheme is boring and depressing. I've tried Tamiya paints, just a test area on the inside. Fine surface primer follows by yellow seemed to work ok. Sprayed in light coats of course.   Now I need to see if the 'rubber' (or whatever it is) will take satin varnish to unify the finish. 

I guess the seats on the Aventador are the same material. 

I would try some leather paint. That can be had in many colours. Its bound to be flexible by nature. Just need to check on the backside that it bonds ok to vinyl. 

• 1 month later...

Finally got back to doing some modelling, it's taken a while as I've just been up to doing much since my best pal passed away last month. 

Anyway I've done some bit yesterday and today but photobucket isn't playing ball and it won't upload my photos. 

What I have noticed about this kit is the seem lines, there's a lot and prep part is a biggy to get parts ready for priming and painting. 

Something that Roy mentioned in his post, about the dashboard, I agree that Pocher should have made this rather large part in smaller sections as it's big enough to do so and is a bit of a bugger to separate painting of each sections. 

The seats of the kit are an absolute pig to paint, as you all know, and I just think Pocher made a pants job of the design. The seat I feel should be one solid piece but instead it has a massive join line which stands out like s sore thumb. 

Now im stuck in the 2nd page as I'm struggling to find piece s-14, looked everywhere for it. It goes on the drivers console cluster. I've tried to find picture on koos DVD but laptop has decided not to work. For those that have made this kit can you shed some light on what colour the piece is and what it is made of. Cheers

14 hours ago, cookiezoom said:

Finally got back to doing some modelling, it's taken a while as I've just been up to doing much since my best pal passed away last month. 

Anyway I've done some bit yesterday and today but photobucket isn't playing ball and it won't upload my photos. 

What I have noticed about this kit is the seem lines, there's a lot and prep part is a biggy to get parts ready for priming and painting. 

Something that Roy mentioned in his post, about the dashboard, I agree that Pocher should have made this rather large part in smaller sections as it's big enough to do so and is a bit of a bugger to separate painting of each sections. 

The seats of the kit are an absolute pig to paint, as you all know, and I just think Pocher made a pants job of the design. The seat I feel should be one solid piece but instead it has a massive join line which stands out like s sore thumb. 

Now im stuck in the 2nd page as I'm struggling to find piece s-14, looked everywhere for it. It goes on the drivers console cluster. I've tried to find picture on koos DVD but laptop has decided not to work. For those that have made this kit can you shed some light on what colour the piece is and what it is made of. Cheers

Hi Cookie,

S-14 is a silver plastic part on sprue "S" which has the engine bay top brace on it (a large X shape piece) it is in between a fan blade (S-13) and a radiator (S-12) it is the dashboard clocks and is kind of like a flat angular half moon shape.

Here is a link to the parts inventory with photos and part numbers superimposed the part you are after is on page 12.

INVENTORY

Hope this helps.

Keith.

39 minutes ago, Mpfiend said:

Hi Cookie,

S-14 is a silver plastic part on sprue "S" which has the engine bay top brace on it (a large X shape piece) it is in between a fan blade (S-13) and a radiator (S-12) it is the dashboard clocks and is kind of like a flat angular half moon shape.

Here is a link to the parts inventory with photos and part numbers superimposed the part you are after is on page 12.

INVENTORY

Hope this helps.

Keith.

Cheers for that Keith. Think I've finally realised why I couldn't find it. I'd labeled the sprue bags as 'KO' numbers not actually letters. 

Good link thanks 👍🏻

• Like 1

• 2 months later...