Pocher Lamborghini Aventador 1/8 Kit

I wish you the best building experience but warn you again. The challenge of this kit is quite a bit beyond shake/bake bike kits. The transkit is way beyond both. Unless you have deep pockets and deeper experience, waiting for your next Pocher for a transkit may have been more cost effective.

Best luck.

• Like 1

I will take your advice onboard codger but I really do want this transkit, I have built several nitro cars/trucks in the past from scratch and I have the advice from BM and a good friend there if needs be. 

I am an ex-marine engineering mechanic (HMRN), did 5 years, I do my own servicing on my motorbike and car at home. 

I imagine it will be a challenge but I thrive under these circumstances and I'm looking forward to the challenge! There's no rush to build it, it'll take as long as it takes

Edited by cookiezoom
  • Like 1

Then you have excellent credentials for problem solving, which is a requisite for any Pocher model. What you may lack in model building experience, you greatly surpass with engineering experience and hands-on 1:1 work.

Carry on and show us your stuff ! :worthy:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mbdesignart said:

Best of luck with wielding your spanners on this.:D  How did you get on with your detail painting?

Mark

Very slowly. It is a skill I'm still acquiring. 

I think, I think about it too much because first off I'm fine and then when I start to think about it and really concentrating on it my hands tremor but normally they are hands of steel with no trembling?

When painting fine details....one thing to remember....your breathing can adversely affect your hands in terms of tremors.

Do what snipers do...slow your breathing....and even hold it for a few seconds...it's a trick a lot of figure painters use (myself included) ;)

Ron

• Like 1

Just found some info on my Facebook page from Watford Scale Model Group re Liquid Chrome Pens which may be of interest. They come in various nib widths apparently.  https://www.graff-city.com/markers-c79/ink-markers-c140/molotow-liquid-chrome-marker-p955  for some info, other stockists are out there.

6 minutes ago, cookiezoom said:

Very slowly. It is a skill I'm still acquiring. 

I think, I think about it too much because first off I'm fine and then when I start to think about it and really concentrating on it my hands tremor but normally they are hands of steel with no trembling?

I try not to think, it makes my head hurt!

• Like 1

Well after going through the kit this morning with a fine tooth comb, I have decided that due to some of the quality of the Pocher kit (very poor in some areas, such as engine detail, carpets, and quality of some of the sub frame) I will without doubt be getting the transkit. 

Like I said before it'll be a long build but every step of the build, it's problems and rectifications and additional content/scratch building will be documented in detail. So bare with me, let me get my other builds finished and I'll start my dream build. 

Thanks for above comments and keep an eye out because I may need some serious advice along the way 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Edited by cookiezoom
  • Like 1

On 18/03/2017 at 9:50 AM, mbdesignart said:

Just found some info on my Facebook page from Watford Scale Model Group re Liquid Chrome Pens

These pens are good, I ordered one on Thursday and it arrived yesterday. I like the quality of them. Thanks for info 👍🏻

Edited by cookiezoom

Good luck with building this one. I'll be following your progress.

Also interested to see what you think about the transkit. I have one lying around.

First thing I noticed was that the transkit did not include screws and bolts. I asked Tommaso about this but did not get a response.

I acquired this black coupe as a partly built one. It was done really nicely, but I took it apart and boxed everything again.

One day I'll start this one. I'm wondering if a diorama would work. Would then be logical to keep the engine out of the car.

• Like 1

Thats strange Pouln as it shows they should have some screws and bolts in the kit. 

http://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/topic/160570-tommaso-18-aventador-transkit-whats-in-the-box/

https://tommasoiuele.wordpress.com/2017/03/18/lamborgini-aventador-18-transkit-pre-order-now/

I'll keep everything posted but like it like I said, it's going to be a slow build as I want to do it justice!

Edited by cookiezoom

OK, my remark was a bit too B&W. I did receive that bag with some bolts, however, tot replace all molded bolts, one would need many, many more bolts and screws.

I expected them to be there, but they weren't.

Anyway, not a real problem as I do have many bolts in all kind of sizes and materials, so I'll manage.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Cookie!  You'll have a blast with this one.  I'm in the opposite boat- I have Tommaso's transkit, and no Pocher :(

I'm waiting for a cash infusion before I purchase a kit.   

Keep us updated on this thread during your build!!

Thanks

Darin

4 hours ago, rjfk2002 said:

I missed the launch of this thread. I am looking forward to the eventual build. I am curious to see how the transkit builds up 

I'll post pics of when it arrives. Hopefully start it in next few weeks. Just want to sort current build out and 1/700 HMS Liverpool out. Which was the naval vessel I served on for 3 and a half years. Very close to my heart. 

As as soon as I start Farin there will be plenty of photos of the build. 

Edited by cookiezoom
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Finally getting down to starting my Aventador build. Have given up for now on the 1/700 HMS Liverpool as it is way too fiddly and the Pocher kit was just sat there watching me. 

So i've took the first page of parts out of the kit and the first problem I've come across is the seats. They are painted orange, orange I mean really! I thought they were red. Now the problem is I don't like the colour and it's giving me negative vibes and I want to change the colour of the insides and the seat from orange to red and many people say this can't be done, the paint on the front of the seats can't be changed due to no type of paint adhering properly. 

My my question is this, is this still the case or has someone come up with a way of painting these seats now. Really poor quality orange seats-help needed/advice please

Paint them with1:1 automotive vinyl spray. Comes in good assortment of colors at auto parts stores.

Wash the seats carefully or try iso on some hidden area. That should help adhesion. As always, test on hidden areas first.

• Like 4