Cutting Resin parts

Drift

I understand that stuff like an ejection seat will have to be cut off the casting block using a saw or a Dremmel of sorts, but can thinner parts like headrest , control sticks etc be cut off using sprue cutters?? Then cleaned up with a file.

I always think sprue cutters are a risky option with resin. They tend to force material aside, and this runs the risk of the resin cracking and snapping. IMHO a safer option is to use a fine razor saw (e.g. a JLC saw) to gently cut through the attachment point. Since the saw actually removes material there is generally less risk of damage.

cheers,

Jason

I agree that resin parts are too brittle to use sprue cutters.  Use a very sharp knife to remove small parts from the attachment, trimming a little bit at a time, from different directions, until the attachment is so small that it can be cut through easily.  Then go buy yourself a small saw?

Found a small saw blade, worked like a dream. Being a noob with resin, i somehow snapped a piece off the seat. Glueing it back on was a huge struggle. Is there a specific CA glue?