versuchsflakwagen 8.8cm flak 41 auf sonderfahrgestell (Pz.Sfl.IVc)

So, yes that's its full name, late start I was away for the start. Based on the Grille 10 platform was used for testing in Denmark during 1944.

Now, annoyingly I cant upload photos, photobucket's having a nope moment, soon as it allows me I will upload a pile of sprue shots.

What I can say is its very nicely moulded with a very detailed manual of which 2/3rds is constructing the gun.

Time being you'll have to make do with an image from online I'm afraid

372205401e1f91a638e789f7b8a9bd60.jpg

• Like 2

Right, now photo buckets behaving

Fictitious artwork on the box, no evidence I can find they were used during the war

20170316_213110_zpsa3axovw8.jpg

Lovely manual poor image im afraid

20170316_213259_zpshl5mw8hu.jpg

A bit of photo etch, the clear parts and decals

20170316_213412_zpspb31wcjf.jpg

One pile of Sprues

20170316_213516_zpsevl4mtju.jpg

Another pile

20170316_213651_zpsulahruqg.jpg

An more, barrel is aftermarket not sure it fits but we will see

20170316_213809_zpsx6jea2z2.jpg

Edited by Step
  • Like 6

Catchie title I must say, by the time you had warned someone you had spotted it, it would already have shot you down !

I don't envy you that many pieces, I can almost see the carpet monster salivating at the thought :Tasty:

Good luck with the build

cheers Pat

• Like 1

Crikey what a beast! I'm no armour expert so I had to look it up. I found this:

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/grille-series-cricket-series.htm#grille

I tried to understand it, would I be correct in thinking that this is the Grille 10 (Panzer chassis) late? I bet I'm wrong :dunce: !

This looks a challenge, it should also be extremely impressive.

Great stuff!

TonyT

Thanks jockney an tony, yes the carpet monsters literally giddy with excitement I'd imagine, tonnes to loose on this kit. 

Tony your kind of right, the grille was an artillery piece but this is a longer chassis with elements of the pzIII/IV front an. The bulk of the kit though is the gun, they have done a stunning job on the flak 41.

Heres the hull progressing, fit on the hatches was horrible an I found just how soft this plastic is. Uppers not glued down as yes hence gaps 

20170319_233053_zps9t5viekw.jpg

• Like 1

Aah, the Toaster, as it's known to World of Tanks players. Funnily, it's used as a tank destroyer in that game. Which gives you some idea of where WoT's gone in the last few years (waaaay down!)

Something a little different!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the doom toaster, encountered a minor/major hiccup. I appear to be missing an entire sprue being the one below 

2015042313570450.jpg

Now, I've mailed Bronco, or least I think I have the sites not super intuitive but I doubt this kit will be complete now for the deadline which is a massive shame :(. Ill consult the stash to see if I have anything thatll work, if not I may make a hasty purchase. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Update, Hannants came through with a replacement Sprue so, were back on! Delivered today very well packaged. So we are back on! Bit of catching up to do but I reckon its more than doable.

• Like 1

Made some progress today with the firing piece, Breech an lock took most of a night to build owing to it being very very fiddly, the breech lock actually works you can lock and remove it which is a nice feature.

Gun and some of the recoil assembly are done. Kit shows the gun being being free to move on its gun slide, another nifty feature, only issue being the weight of the metal barrel I'm using lifts the entire breech off the slide which is not ideal. Weight may also be an issue trying to mount the gun in anything but a level position as it relies on a toothed gear which doesnt seem to fully engage with the teeth under the slider/carriage assembly.. Anyway, could of images, still lots of parts to fit on the gun, breech etc an the etch work to add

IMG_20170429_235558_zpsdirwppli.jpg

IMG_20170430_201153_zpslvlv7pef.jpg

Edited by Step
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad the big 'H' came through with your missing sprue :).

That's a stunning sub assembly.  It looks fully functional, ready for battle. I like how the different mediums help the eye

differentiate between the different components. It will almost be a shame to cover them with paint :D

Looking forward to the next instalment. We need more AFV people in the gallery; not that I'm putting any pressure on at all. :lol:! (Just joking).

All best regards

TonyT