Any experience with Vintage Flyer Decals?

upnorth

Hello all,

I have a couple of Roden 1/144 Lockheed Jetstar kits in my small stash.

I've decided to do one of them in civilian markings and found a set covering this rather fetching Eastern Airlines livery:

_1926428.jpg

net photo

The set is by an outfit called Vintage Flyer Decals. I've never heard of them and was wondering if someone could give me some insights into their quality and usability.

Thanks in advance.

I have a couple of his sheets, and I'm impressed by the crispness of the printing and his willingness to stand behind his product. I found out about missing markings on his Canadian Pacific DC-8 sheet, and not only did he provide the missing artwork, he completely revised the sheet and contacted everyone who had bought one to send them the missing marking. That's customer service! I haven't tried them yet, but they look like typical laser-printed decals. Apply over white for best colour saturation.

• 1 month later...

I too can recommend these. I bought his Aloha Airlines decals for the Glencoe 1/96th Viscount and screwed up the application of the tail markings, which set solidly too soon so I couldn't reposition them. He very kindly sent me a replacement tail marking decal. Now THAT's customer service!