Moebius 1/144 XD1 Discovery: RELEASED!

The Tomohawk Kid

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This puppy is a must-have for me.  An awesome filum with superlative special effects, especially when you consider it was done almost 10 years before that little known movie called Star Wars. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike said:

This puppy is a must-have for me.  An awesome filum with superlative special effects, especially when you consider it was done almost 10 years before that little known movie called Star Wars. :)

A little bit more cerebral than SW as well as taking nearly 4 years longer to make due to Kubrick's perfectionism, over Lucas's splash and dash approach.

Thomo.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Kallisti said:

Oh my god where will I put this??? I'm too old to have models hanging from the ceiling again :D

YOUR NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE MODELS HANGING FROM THE CEILING ????

DON,T  YOU HAVE A GO ON THE SWINGS IN THE PARK STILL ???   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Phil Gollin said:

I'd like to buy this kit, but the shipping to the UK will add over a third to the price, let alone the VAT and Royal Mail handling charge, so I'll pass this time around.

Same here but sometimes you get good preorder prices at shops like CultTV. I would have got a cheaper 22" Eagle if I had ordered soon enough. In the end I found a vendor in my country (Germany) which had it only a bit more expensive that what I would have payed for Cult plus shipping and taxes. But it also took more than half a year longer to get the kit. Not sure if I will get me the Discovery but I will have an eye on the market...

René

3 hours ago, Phil Gollin said:

I'd like to buy this kit, but the shipping to the UK will add over a third to the price, let alone the VAT and Royal Mail handling charge, so I'll pass this time around.

The current pre-order offer from Cult with shipping works out circa the US full retail price of $200. When the handful of kits make it to the few outlets in Blighty that will stock it, expect it to cost around the £250 mark and at least six months after the event. Therefore  even with shipping et al, Cult's and other US outlets pre-order price looks increasingly attractive.

Also it's rumoured the license will run out in next year, presumably before the 50th anniversary of the film premiering.

Thomo

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Kallisti said:

So he hasn't got a kit to test with yet and he expect it to fit? Yeah good luck with that!

Ian's kits are really good, his canon Moonbus interior is fab, but this does appear to be a leap of faith.

Thomo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid
  • Like 1