1/48 Anigrand Mig-31 Firefox NMF Complete.

Another one off the bench for 2017, this time around another 1/48 Anigrand Firefox with a what if of a what if NMF, all done with various mixes of Alclad II.
A few issues here and there with the Alclad but no crazing, the coat of Future over the gloss black base has eliminated that issue. Next up will be a lighted 1/48 Fine Molds X-WING but that is for next week, time to catch up with a few jobs elsewhere. :-)
100_6637.jpg
100_6638.jpg
100_6639.jpg
100_6640.jpg
100_6641.jpg
100_6642.jpg
100_6645.jpg
100_6643.jpg
100_6644.jpg
100_6646.jpg
100_6648.jpg
100_6647.jpg
100_6649.jpg
100_6650.jpg
100_6652.jpg
100_6654.jpg

Thanks for Looking.

Danny

• Like 16

2 hours ago, Hunter Rose said:

Love the metal finish! Thats some very nice alcladin' :D 

2 hours ago, Thud4444 said:

Wow! B)

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

"Remember, you must paint in Russian!"

That is a superb finish. 

1 hour ago, March said:

As a fan of the late Craig Thomas and the film, may I say that I'm sure Mitchell Gant and Kenneth Aubrey would approve, as do I. :) 

Thanks guys, a real Alclad one off.

Danny

3 hours ago, March said:

As a fan of the late Craig Thomas and the film, may I say that I'm sure Mitchell Gant and Kenneth Aubrey would approve, as do I. :) 

Really do like that, brilliant finish!

Think that I have read all the Craig Thomas books, he had a knack of grabbing my attention within the first 2/3 pages, though I had always felt that a film of the follow up book, "Firefox Down", would have been a great idea!

Edited by Tony C
  • Like 2

Wow; wish the one in the movie looked like that! I suppose, in early '80s Tinseltown, 'Stealth' = Black, with a flattish, slightly menacing sheen that speaks of inconceivable radar-transparent materials (and someone on fingerprint-cleaning duty 24/7!)

Fabulous work -literally!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tony C said:

Really do like that, brilliant finish!

Think that I have read all the Craig Thomas books, he had a knack of grabbing my attention within the first 2/3 pages, though I had always felt that a film of the follow up book, "Firefox Down", would have been a great idea!

9 hours ago, AngstROM said:

Wow; wish the one in the movie looked like that! I suppose, in early '80s Tinseltown, 'Stealth' = Black, with a flattish, slightly menacing sheen that speaks of inconceivable radar-transparent materials (and someone on fingerprint-cleaning duty 24/7!)

Fabulous work -literally!

Thanks guys.

Danny

you've done your usual masterful paint work using Alclad however, in my opinion - it looks way better in black :)

I have been keeping my eyes peeled to eBay looking for a cheaper one and just not seeing anything come up. I shall just admire yours instead

• Like 1

On 16/03/2017 at 10:21 AM, noelbarnes said:

Very Very nice. 

On 19/03/2017 at 9:45 PM, Will Vale said:

Some seriously nice masking work there, must've taken a long time to do!

Cheers,

Will

On 20/03/2017 at 8:29 AM, BrotherMole said:

Awesome looking. Just about to try my first NMF so this is some great inspiration. 

On 20/03/2017 at 11:25 AM, Madhatter said:

you've done your usual masterful paint work using Alclad however, in my opinion - it looks way better in black :)

I have been keeping my eyes peeled to eBay looking for a cheaper one and just not seeing anything come up. I shall just admire yours instead

On 23/03/2017 at 6:45 AM, k5054nz said:

Oh, wow! Beautiful work! I'm sure that's what it looked like when flight testing began ;)

On 23/03/2017 at 10:14 AM, Deadman Disciple said:

Not bad at all.

Liking the 2 versions you did together in the same photo.

Wayne.

On 24/03/2017 at 6:28 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

Seriously good job.

Thanks guys, I think I like the NMF more, a real one off.

Danny

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...