Caproni Ca.311, Special Hobby 1/72

Another vote for fantastic paintwork. I love the open crew door; extremely fine transparencies and masking.

:goodjob: 

TonyT

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello Alangelo,

I just ran across this and it is absolutely magnificent. May I ask what paint and airbrush did you use? I have this kit and I know what a challenge it must have been for you. My compliments because although it is a great kit and the masks are included, this is a very difficult build -- if problems develop with the masks, then the whole model can be ruined. Congratulations on an outstanding result.

Edited by Hobo
  • Like 1

Not normally my scale but it is such a lovely looking aircraft, I bought one of these a couple of years back. Your's is absolutely beautiful. Love the colours and spray work.

Cheers

Malcolm

• Like 1

What a fantastic little model,...... the colour scheme is briiliantly applied and the attention to detail like the oil leaking onto the tyre is great too,..... what is there not to like about this skilfully executed little masterpiece,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hobo said:

Hello Alangelo,

I just ran across this and it is absolutely magnificent. May I ask what paint and airbrush did you use? I have this kit and I know what a challenge it must have been for you. My compliments because although it is a great kit and the masks are included, this is a very difficult build -- if problems develop with the masks, then the whole model can be ruined. Congratulations on an outstanding result.

Hi Hobo, thanks for your comment!
I used Gunze mostly and one Tamiya. The airbrushes (two of them) I use are Badger 150 for all the boring stuff and the fantastic Badger Renegade Velocity (for the camo, yes!).
Let me know if you want specific paints, I will look it up (I always forget, but I have taken notes)
Cheers
Alex

1 hour ago, Alangelo said:

Hi Hobo, thanks for your comment!
I used Gunze mostly and one Tamiya. The airbrushes (two of them) I use are Badger 150 for all the boring stuff and the fantastic Badger Renegade Velocity (for the camo, yes!).
Let me know if you want specific paints, I will look it up (I always forget, but I have taken notes)
Cheers
Alex

Hello Alangelo

I would like to know which colours you used if you could check your notes.

Thank you in advance

Malcolm

10 hours ago, Baldy said:

Hello Alangelo

I would like to know which colours you used if you could check your notes.

Thank you in advance

Malcolm

Hello Malcom,
these are the exact paints and mixes I have used on my Caproni:

Giallo Mimetico: Tamiya XF-59+XF-3 (4:1)

Verde Mimetico: Gunze H 309

Marrone Mimetico: Tamiya XF-10+ Gunze H463 (4:1)

Grigio Mimetico: Gunze H 308

But you can also check this out:
http://www.flyinglions.eu/colori-regia-aeronautica.html
They give different paints, but it's worth a look.
Cheers

Alex