Hurricane Wheels

Crossiant Oliver

At a guess I'd say no.  A quick google shows several wheel types on a spitfire but the hurricane seems to have only 1 type.  May be wrong (often am!) and someone more knowledgable will be able to answer.  Reckon you could easily get some am wheels though.

You don't say which model or scale, but the Airfix 1/72 Hurricane Mk.I has the wrong wheels for the early variant.  Aftermarket parts were available but I'm not sure whether they still are.  I think it was Freightdog.  Later Hurricanes always had the same type, as far as I know, and the Airfix wheels were good for those.  They were not the same as those on the Spitfire.

Edited by Graham Boak

8 hours ago, johnd said:

The Freightdog wheels are still available. There were/are other makes but the Freightdog ones are the best, in my opinion.

John.

CMK also makes replacement Hurricane wheels, but I do not have them, just the Freightdog items, which I agree are very nice!  The link below will show what the CMK wheels look like.

Mike

https://www.google.com/search?q=1/72+CMK+Hurricane+wheels&tbm=isch&imgil=rGzoAUdKNn80WM%3A%3B66caAQ9R-rMFRM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.bnamodelworld.com%252Fmodel-planes-landing-gear-cmk-cmk-q72081&source=iu&pf=m&fir=rGzoAUdKNn80WM%3A%2C66caAQ9R-rMFRM%2C_&usg=__P8AvjEy-3fVbI8ByJgMpcB_wogw%3D&biw=1280&bih=654&dpr=1&ved=0ahUKEwjDqof8htnSAhWCOSYKHRLlA70QyjcIKQ&ei=eHzJWMOOD4LzmAGSyo_oCw#imgrc=rGzoAUdKNn80WM

4 hours ago, Lawzer said:

Have a look at this:

That works! You can also go to a drafting or office supply store and purchase a circle template, which is a flexible plastic tool that has circles of many different diameters on it. Paint the tire in the appropriate color, then place the circle template that matches the diameter of the hub and spray the hub the required color. Works like a champ and you can find the matching diameter circle almost every time!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

hi all,

I found that Chinese/HK Sites offer  Leathercraft Wad Hole Punches at a very reasonable cost

.....some "Post Free "   right down to 1mm /1/16 diameter they are not for the Workshop use,

but great for Modellin' and only punchin' Deeecals and Masking Tape etc.

Got a Bench Grinder great for a touch up.... wot do you want for a $1.50 aud !

These Sites also offer shaped wad punches and are cheap enuff to regrind to a shape you require.

All the Sites I have bought from are thoughly dependible Businesses . 

mumbatatshunz  !

Geoff

F.T.G. 3156