RN Lynx Farewell Tour Friday 17th March

Latinbear

1 hour ago, Panzer Vor!!! said:

Why not  have this over the weekend when more people can enjoy it ???

I agree but presumably the airfield is closed at weekends which would mean bringing everybody in. ATC, ground crew, fire cover etc etc. and that means either overtime being paid for civilian staff or time off in lieu for service personnel.

If anybody from Yeovilton is reading the thread perhaps they can offer a view.

1 minute ago, Latinbear said:

I agree but presumably the airfield is closed at weekends which would mean bringing everybody in. ATC, ground crew, fire cover etc etc. and that means either overtime being paid for civilian staff or time off in lieu for service personnel.

If anybody from Yeovilton is reading the thread perhaps they can offer a view.

No other view required.  You have it in one.

• Like 3

That's another type I loved that's going, makes me feel old... I've never been a big fan of helicopters but the Lynx has always been different and I have more kits in the stash and models on the shelves of the Lynx than of all other helicopters put together.

I know that the replacement is afterall a modern Lynx but the original will always be in my mind as an example of elegance that few helicopters have matched

• Like 1

I was just going to be really indignant that the flypast was on a Friday when I had to go to Londinium only to realise that they headed North from Lyme and thus bypassed my bit of coast.